8

"Seongwon we need to talk," Jimin said as he entered the house. "It's really important and I want you to hear me out." 

Seongwon wrapped his arms around Jimin. "Baby I'm so sorry. I was such an asshole."

"Yeah, you were," Jimin replied. Seongwon was expecting an 'Okay I forgive you.' or 'You're not an asshole I overreacted.' He pulled away from the embrace looking down at the male before him. "We need to talk," Jimin repeated. "Seongwon... I-" Jimin's voice caught in his throat. As if he said it, it would be true, and he'd be alone again. "I don't think... I'm having doubts..." 

"Baby what do you mean? Having doubts about what?"

"Us." Jimin finally spoke. It strangely didn't feel wrong, or painful. It's almost as if he felt free. "I'm having doubts about us Seongwon." 

Seongwon grabbed Jimin by the shoulders. "What? Why? Since when?"

"Just recently... I just... I'm not happy Seongwon. My friends tell me about how great their relationships are and I don't see it as us." Jimin twisted the ring on his finger three times.

Seongwon gripped Jimin's shoulders harder. "It's their relationship Jimin it's different. This is us! If you weren't happy then you should've talked to me."

"STOP TRYING TO SHIFT THE BLAME AND LISTEN TO HOW I FEEL DAMNIT!" Jimin slapped Seongwon's hand off his shoulder. His body shuddered as he choked back a small sob. "I think I'm going to redye my hair... If your streak doesn't change then I'm calling off the wedding." 

"We can still be together even if we aren't soulmates it happens all the time!" Seongwon insisted. 

"Not us."

"WHY NOT JIMIN? WHY THE FUCK NOT? I LOVE YOU ISN'T THAT GOOD ENOUGH?" Seongwon raised his voice stepping closer to JImin making him flinch. 

"THIS IS WHY," Jimin screamed back. "WE AREN'T COMPATIBLE SOULMATE OR NOT. WE ARE ALWAYS SCREAMING AT EACHOTHER AND ITS EXGHASTING AND IM SICK OF IT. If we aren't soulmates I don't want to continue whatever this relationship is." 

"You're so fucking selfish."

"Excuse me?" Jimin's arms dropped to his side awestruck by the words he just heard. 

Seongwon grumbled running his hand through his hair. "I said you're fucking selfish Jimin. Do you hear me now? Did I stutter?"

It was now Jimin's turn to be angry. "How am I the selfish one here? All I want to know is the truth! So we don't have to go through with all these plans you made! A wedding is expensive! The first night I met you I started planning it because I thought it was right! I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on it only to have us get a divorce later because we aren't right." 

Seongwon took a deep breath, his lips curled into a smile. "Look Jimin I don't want to fight you." He stepped towards the younger. "How about we go enjoy some sweet love and talk this out in the morning? Yeah."

Jimin sighed. "No... I asked you to hear me out and you clearly aren't." Jimin took Seongwon's hand in his. He enclosed Seongwon's hand, palm up, in between his two. "We need to do something but I don't think we could go through with this at this point in time. We both have a lot of thinking to do. Come back to me when you're ready." Jimin released Seongwon's hand leaving behind his engagement ring.