9

Yoongi's phone rang, at this point, it could almost echo off of the piles of trash. The male ignored it and continued to munch on a bag of hot Cheetos. But his phone continued to ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring,

And

Ring

It was midafternoon and Yoongi couldn't care who was calling and he knew it wasn't his mom because he had a custom ringtone for her. He reached over and held the power button on his phone making it completely power off. 

Somehow Yoongi felt...

Good?

Occasionally Yoongi would feel pain in his chest. Overall nothing phased him in the past month. It blended into a giant miserable sludge-like blob. But today he felt weirdly okay. 

Yoongi decided to take out the trash at least. It would still take him a week to do all the laundry but he collected it and shoved it into his closet. 

Maybe he was finally getting over Jimin?

Afterall if Jimin was happy then Yoongi couldn't do anything. Could he?

It was late at night and he decided to open up his phone again.

However, when he powered it up, his phone almost crashed as it loaded in over fifty missed calls from Namjoon.

"Jesus Christ, what the hell?" Yoongi muttered and answered the newest incoming call. 

"YOONGI JIMIN CALLED OFF THE WEDDING," Namjoon yelled as soon as Yoongi held the phone to his ear. 

"Hey, Joon why w-" Yoongi paused. "What..." Yoongi was trying to process what Namjoon had said to him when it hit him like a ton of bricks. He pressed the end call button throwing his phone across the living room. Yoongi leaped into the nearest pair of shoes not bothering to put socks on. 

Yoongi sprinted to where Jimin's dorm was.

Did Yoongi live about half a mile away from the college campus?

Yes. Yes, he did.

Did Yoongi have a car that might have gotten him there faster?

Yes. Yes, he did. 

Did Yoongi give a shit?

No. No, he didn't.

Yoongi spent too many nights thinking how long he waited to confess. He spent too long thinking he'd lost Jimin forever. He needed to fix his mistake. He needed to get Jimin back. 

No procrastinating.

No more waiting. 

He needed Jimin.

The universe had given him the chance to get him. 

The past month had been hell. The worst pain Yoongi had experienced was when he saw Jimin kissing someone else. He had no motivation. He let his grades and attendance drop. He didn't care about his health or life. Spending a lot of time alone with Yoongi's thoughts he came to quite a few epiphanies.

He spent so long having irrational fears of meeting his soulmate and it was unfair to Jimin.

Spending so much time being afraid wasn't worth it. 

He could've been happier.

He could've not walked around in a dumb itchy beanie. 

Yoongi was sprinting down the college campus at night. He probably looked like a lunatic to campus security. He came to a screeching halt in front of Jimin's dorm. Yoongi knocked on the door calling out Jimin's name. "JIMIN! PARK JIMIN!" 

The small male peeked through a crack in the door. "Oh! Yoongi-Hyung. Sorry, I thought you were Seongwon. I haven't seen you in like a month, wow! We should catch up! Sorry, I'm rambling." Jimin looked so... pure. Just the fact that Jimin was standing in front of him soothed all his worries. 

Jimin felt happy seeing him. He didn't realize how odd it felt with their small group of six missing another number until Yoongi was standing before him. 

"Jimin, look, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you this way sooner. But now if I don't tell you I might lose you forever."

"Hyung what are you talking about you sound ridiculous."

"Jimin I'm you're soulmate." 

Jimin's jaw dropped. He looked at Yoongi. His untied shoes, pajama pants, stained t-shirt, and oily unbrushed hair, with a fading purple hairstreak. How did he not notice that their streaks matched? Yoongi always wore a beanie. "Yoongi I-" Jimin watched as his eyes shone with hope. "I'm sorry. I can't deal with this right now. I don't even know where I stand with soulmates, what it's supposed to feel like." 

Remember how Yoongi said that seeing Jimin kiss Seongwon was the worst pain of his life?

Yeah, now that was topped by this.

"Yoongi please, I'm sorry, I just don't know how to handle this." Jimin saw Yoongi's hurt expression and tried to explain himself. 

Yoongi forced a smile. "Now it's okay. I get it. I'd want space after I canceled a wedding." Yoongi coughed and turned around to not pain himself more. 

Yoongi walked away suddenly regretting not taking a car. Also, his asthma finally caught up with him. Probably because he was leaving Jimin. So he began the cold trek back to his apartment in the middle of the night.

The bright headlights of the car shone in his eyes making him squint. Yoongi sat at the corner of a busy intersection watching the cars go by as he tried to calm down and stop coughing. 

Meanwhile, Jimin slides down the side of the door. He was so confused. First Seongwon confesses and their relationship turns to shit. Now he sees Yoongi who hasn't appeared in the past month, who also confesses. He loved Seongwon when he confessed but being in a relationship felt so wrong... What he just did felt so wrong. Everything in his life suddenly felt wrong.