05 | chapter five

05 | CHAPTER FIVE

-

Nostalgia and sadness always goes in together like milk and chai powder. One could definitely tell that I'm literally crazy, absolutely crazy for lurking around Derek's room like I did in my tenth grade; when we had a trip to Hyderabad for the quiz, running, dance and story writing-Zeena, Meera and Aksa had made me do the same thing like how they are doing it right now-threatening me knock his door and kiss him out of black and blue. But back in tenth grade, I didn't get the chance to kiss him, as his girlfriend-ah, that bitch was in his room, munching on fifty-fifty and sweet hearts. I just stuttered all the way while I was talking to him.

I went like:

'H-hey, I-I didn't m-mean to intrude, but I-I just wanted to ask, uh, uh, uh, water? I mean do you h-have water?'

Now when I think about it, it made me laugh. I feel dumb, pretty dumb. But right after that incident happened-Derek was constantly nagging me and I behaved like a bitch-a pretty mean one, ignoring him and asking him to fuck off whenever he said me hi.

"I swear to god, if you ask him water or something, I'll slap you right there," Meera poked my belly and I yelped. "Or worse, I'll trash those plastic coke bottles and disgusting vada pav papers he ate-which you stored from eleventh. I won't even think twice. Seriously do you think we're crazy to get your lazy ass in two in the morning to make you talk to him? IT IS THE ONLY TIME WE'LL GET, DUDE."

"Chill dude, fine, I'll go fuck him." I casually shrugged and Zeena gave me a wink, Aksa gave me a disgusting look and Meera smirked.

"Well, make sure there won't be screams or claw marks," I gasped and slapped Meera's arm, "jus' saying."

"You're disgusting, Meera. Poor Aksa, she's dying inside." I said, while pacing forward to reach his room and Aksa giggled.

"Dude, you won't believe if I say what Aksa-" Aksa flew her hand to shut Meera's mouth and her words were muffled and I shot up my eyebrow at the duo. Zeena clutched her stomach as she started laughing.

"What? Tell me, Aksa!" I huffed and a crimson color tinted Aksa's cheek.

"Dude she gotta know," Zeena looked at Aksa and she rolled her eyes and sighed, smiling sheepishly.

"Fine, go ahead," Aksa said and blushed again and I think, why is she so blushing right now? What happened?

"You know once when Aksa was pretty mad at her boss, who fired her as she wore Harry Potter T-shirt to the meeting," I gasped and Meera nodded her head in understanding manner and resumed, "Yeah, so she went to this bar without telling anyone, literally no one, and drank as fuck. It was her first time, so, obviously she had no control and this hoe over here decided to kiss anyone she saw, like anybody. And as you know how wiggly and furious she gets? The kiss lead to somewhere and in the morning, when the morning she woke up-all she could she was stained sheets-all red. And she thought, no wait, everyone thinks it's their period blood but when she later examined-it was his blood. Blood from his back-the claw marks she left with her fucking deadly fingers and the doctors were literally freaked out when they touched and analyzed his back. And that was so fucked up, honestly and that's why I gave you the caution: no claw marks at any cost. We fucking don't want an accident in here."

I was stunned. Aksa was pretty much red and slapped my arm when I started laughing-like real, loud laugh and everyone joined. "Fuck you, don't laugh."

When the laughter when finally settled as we took labor breaths, we heard a slow whistle, yet a sharp one. It was a sharp intake of breath. Our necks craned to look on the other side to find Derek with an amused expression and his bottom lip between his teeth. Fuck, that's a turn on.