06 | chapter six

06 | 

CHAPTER SIX 

-

The pre-wedding gala was fun, yet tiring; the sangeet, rituals from groom side, rituals from bride side, skincare issues, and lehanga issues by the bride herself. It was so stressful and at some point of time everyone were so fed up by Zeena.

Brides and prejudices, I tell you.

I and Derek decided to sleep on the terrace as the relatives increased in the house and we have no place to sleep. Along with us, Aksa and Meera tag along; to make sure we were 'safe' apparently. Derek rolled his eyes and showed his middle finger to her and Meera hit him hard in the ribs.

She was sleeping peacefully on the mattress, snoring—making me go wide awake. I couldn't sleep, probably it's the hometown wind makes me emotional. I missed the sleeping session on the terrace when we were younger and even when we were in university. Every weekend, along with our parents, we use to cook and eat food on the terrace and sleep telling the stories or the things happened in the school.

I blinked away the tears and smiled at the crescent moon above me; beautiful and dark, yet illuminating the whole world. The moon remained like that; round and bright, making thousands fall in love with the night. I gazed at Derek, his face glows up as the moon's ray fall on his face and the wind blew his hair, he slightly shuffled.

And I looked around; Aksa and Meera were there—Aksa's leg on Meera and Meera snoring right in Aksa's ears. Everything seemed so surreal, so unbelievingly beautiful, I forgot what life was. This was my life—surrounded by the people I love. Below the moon that shone above me.

My alarm rung at four in the morning, I lay awoke, still the surroundings were pitch dark and the moon was still there, I could hear crickets noise and the three of them were sleeping. I kissed Derek on his cheek and folded my mattress. Clutching my mobile and the mattress, I paced down the stairs. The lights turned on and I could see my mom sipping her coffee.

"Good morning, beautiful," I complimented my mother and she smiled at me.

"You know what the time is? It's four twenty, I had asked you to wake up at four. Put the mattress away and get ready and make Zeena ready to. Her wedding is in four hours—be a Husain Bolt, Azy."

I scowled at her and reluctantly put the mattress in the store room and went directly to the terrace. I found the three of them awake, rubbing their eyes. They folded their mattresses and wished me morning.

"Guys the wedding's in four hours, get ready, I have to go wake Zeena up and make that lazy ass ready; hurry!" I scolded and they rolled their eyes. Meera and Aksa went down straight away, but my boyfriend was literally standing and looking at me with weird expression.

"Good morning, sunshine," he kissed my cheek and smiled at me.

"Good morning, love," I replied and stretched my hands and gave him a smile back, "now go and get ready. Arjun and his side will be here in two hours. I need to go and see if they need anything else and I would request you to take care of Arjun and his side, okay? Please tell me you won't mess this up."

He whined and grunted. "Fine, I'll do it. I'm so excited to see you in your—saree, by the way. I heard it's the hot pink or something?"

I shoved him away and gave him an 'are you serious?' look. "Ew, no, I don't like that color. I'm wearing dark green saree. It has a long history, I'll tell you after the wedding."