6

Welcome back! Hope you enjoy this chapter, and with that, let's continue!

~Kai's POV~

The bell rings to show the start of another school day. "Let's begin shall we?!" Is all I heard come from my teacher and his many doubles before they scattered across the room. "Begin what exactly?" The majority of the class spoke.

Our octopus-like teacher told us that we are studying for mid-terms. Tests are something I absolutely hate. It's sort of hard to explain, but to put it simply, I study hard and cram as much as possible into my mind so I'm prepared for a test. I'm always prepared and have the necessary knowledge needed for said test, but when that test finally begins, I forget everything I had studied and I ultimately fail with the pressure of time and all of that stuff weighing in on me. That's kind of how I got into E class.

I only sighed as Koro-sensei started giving us help in places we needed it most. My worst subjects have been always known as math. I can never understand what's put in front of me when I see those equations and it sucks. 'Thanks for the help Koro-sensei but it's no use. I'll still fail either way and only disappoint and waste your time.' I thought propping my head up on my hand.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice what was going on around me until.... "Kai!... Kai!" I snapped back to reality and looked up at the source of the sound to find Koro-sensei was yelling out my name. "Yes sir?" I stared at him boredly. "Pay attention to this! It might ultimately help you in the long run!"

I nodded and gave him and 'I'm sorry' watching as the yellow creature show me how to do simple equations. He slowly took it up to the more difficult questions with me only staring blankly at them. I'm starting to see how these equations work... Barely... Though I'll probably just forget it all later. I honestly didn't always have this memory problem and don't know how and why it started.

I soon have had enough of this "study hall" and wanted some time to myself. "Koro-sensei, I'll make this easier for you so you don't have to waste time and energy. I'm going to take some time to myself for now and leave. My apologies, but this just isn't helping me, so to make up for it I'll study an extra bit at home just for you." I might of said that with a bit more irritation than expected but I couldn't tell. I then gave the teacher a small smile before walking to the door.

"Cya later!" I walked out the door and heard Koro-sensei's yells following me out as I walked outside and sat in the grass. I was right next to the stairs in front of the building. I quietly daydreamed whilst leaning up against a tree.

~Nagisa's POV~

Right after Kai stepped out of the classroom, Koro-sensei cut his study hall short. "Can anyone tell me what that was about?" Everyone's head turned to me. "What?" I asked. "You should know Kai better than anything right? The way she acts around you shows that she would tell you alot." Isogai stated and everyone else nodded in agreement.

"Yes actually I kind of do know why she stepped out. When we used to hang out in our first year here, Kai would always complain about her tests. She hated tests and everything they contained. Why? I don't really know, but I do know that one thing she would always repeat was 'It's useless' when she talked about the tests." I said with a sigh. We could only wonder why Kai hated these tests so much.

~Kai's POV~

After the school day ended I found Nagisa and walked home with him. It was rather quiet while we walked however.

The next day I stayed on the steps outside of the classroom, completely uninterested in whatever studying they are doing in there. I waited till their study hall was over and then walked into the classroom. All eyes were on me as I walked in, and judging by Koro-sensei's expression, I had just interrupted a fantasy he was having. "What?" I asked them as I walked deeper into the classroom.