- run away - wb

this is set during season three, episode eight: the battle of starcourt

summary: will finds out he's moving away from hawkins, so he proposes a plan to his girlfriend, y/n.

word count: 707

. . .

will had never ridden his bike so fast in his life.

he couldn't believe the news, he wouldn't believe the news. the byers family and el were moving away from hawkins. will didn't want to leave. he had the best friends he could ever imagine: mike, dustin, lucas and max. he couldn't abandon them again, could he? he obviously didn't want to leave them, but that's not why will is in hysterics right now. it's because he has to leave his first love, y/n l/n. the girl that turned his life upside down in the most positive way possible. he utterly adored her, and the same for y/n. they're young and in love, nothing more, nothing less, and will didn't want that to change.

will dropped his bike as he clambered up the nearest tree to y/n's window, the tree he had climbed many times just to see y/n's beautiful face.

will sat on the sturdy branch and peered into y/n's room. the curtains were still open, even though it was gone midnight. y/n didn't sleep much, she preffered to stay awake. she was a night owl.

will smiled at the sight of her, singing along to corey hart as she doodled in her notebook. will moved forward along the branch, enough for y/n to notice him. a smile made her way onto her face as she saw the sight of her boyfriend.

she opened up the window with a smile across her face.

"will," she smiled, happy to see him. "i wasn't expecting to see you."

y/n held out her hand as will grabbed on and climbed into her room.

"what are you-" y/n begun.

"i have some news." will interrupted. "bad news."

"o-oh. okay... go ahead." y/n muttered.

"i'm moving away." will responded, solemnly.

y/n and will were quiet for some time, really interpreting the new information.

"oh." y/n whispered.

she sat down on her bed as the record stopped. the room was filled with the sound of scratching coming from the turntable.

"i really don't want to go, i hope you know that." will joined y/n on the bed.

"i know, will. i know, but it doesn't make it any less heart-breaking." y/n responded as tears ran down her cheeks like a waterfall.

"run away with me." will said bluntly.

"w-what?" y/n questioned.

"run away with me." will repeated.

"will, we can't. just think about your mom, your brother, el, mike, dustin, lucas, max-" y/n ranted.

"do you love me?" will asked, standing up.

"w-what?" y/n said again, it was really the only thing going through her mind.

"do you love me? yes or no." will repeated, his voice cracking.

"y-yes, of course." y/n frantically nodded.

"then lets go. your parents don't care, it would be a weight lifted off my mom and jonathan's shoulders. our friends will understand, so please, i will only ask once more. will you run away with me? if so, i will be so overjoyed, i get to spend the rest of my days by your side, get married, maybe even have kids. have a great life, but if not, i'll understand. you don't want to leave our friends, this town. it's a hard choice, i know, but i really don't want to live a life without you in it." will said, holding onto y/n's hands.

y/n was speechless for a few moments, unable to speak.

"i've got all my stuff if you do want to leave together, i'm leaving town in the morning, so this is really the only opportunity we get to have." will adds.

"yes."

"w-what?" it was will's turn to be confused.

"yes." y/n repeated. "i'll run away with you."

a smile appeared on will's face. a proper smile, not a fake smile he shows his mom everyday to convince her he's okay.

"well, lets get the fuck out of this town then."