- goodbye - wb

this is set at the end of season three, episode eight: the battle of starcourt

word count: 785

summary; will's moving, but this is not goodbye.

. . .

"i'll miss you, mike." will gripped onto his best friend's shirt, his eyes watering.

"i'll miss you too, byers." mike gave him a weak, sad smile.

mike slowly let go of will.

"i need to say goodbye to el now." mike weakly chuckled. "that's going to hurt."

"don't worry, mike. i'll take care of her." will nodded.

"thank you." mike whispered before walking past y/n into the byers' old house.

"will." y/n called to her boyfriend, her voice cracking.

"y/n." will's voice sounded equally as broken.

y/n wrapped her arms around will's neck as her slithered his arms around her waist.

the h/c girl buried her face into the byers boy's neck.

"i'm sorry." will muttered, fighting back the tears.

"w-why are you sorry?" y/n gently kissed his pale neck.

"if i didn't go missing, then-then i wouldn't be moving, hopper and billy would be alive, people would actually be happy. i messed everything up!" tears started to fall down his cheeks.

"no! will! no!" y/n moved away and grabbed onto his hands. "it's not your fault! you've done absolutely nothing wrong! you haven't messed any lives up, you've saved lives! you saved eleven's life! think about that."

will was quite for a few seconds before he spoke up.

"i- i guess you're right." will slightly smiled. "and now i've got a sister, i've always wanted a sister."

"see! you've given el a life she never thought she would have. you're a hero, william byers! a hero." y/n kissed his cheek.

"but i did get something better as well." will looked at y/n's lips. "an amazing girlfriend."

y/n bit her lip as a light blush appeared on her cheeks.

y/n leaned forward and quickly pecked will's lips.

"holy shit." will gasped. "we kissed..."

"yeah, we did." y/n swayed side to side, an awkward chuckle erupting from her.

"can we do it again?" will shyly looked up.

"yeah, yeah, we can."

y/n placed her lips on top of will as he leaned into her embrace.

"okay, jonathan, el, will, time to go." joyce sighed, dusting her hands on her jeans.

will pulled away quite quickly.

"no, no, no." will muttered. "i don't want to go."

el was saying goodbye to everyone (especially mike and max), and jonathan was off to the side saying his goodbyes to nancy as joyce was taking one last look at the byers' house.

"will- will please look at me." y/n put her hand on his cheek, wiping away his tears with her thumb, even though it didn't help since he was still crying.

will reluctantly looked into y/n's glassy e/c eyes.

"this isn't goodbye. i promise you that." y/n started crying as well, even though she was trying to be strong for her boyfriend.

"i know, i know." will wraps his arms around y/n's waist and buried his face in her neck. "are we still dating?"

y/n's heart broke when she heard that how broken his voice sounded.

"o-of course will, we've been to hell and back, if we survived that, we can work through anything! and i'll call you everyday and i'll still see you at thanksgiving and christmas, and i'm already saving up to take a bus to visit you as soon as i have enough!" y/n rubbed will's back, seconds away from breaking down.

"will! come on!" jonathan called.

"coming!" will called back as loud as his weak voice could muster.

"there's something i want to tell you before i leave." will wiped his tears with his left hand, while holding y/n's hand in his right.

"what is it?" y/n asked curiously.

"i- i love you."

"you do?" y/n smiled.

"i do."

"you may kiss the bride."

will leaned forward and capture his new wife's lips in a sweet kiss.

"i love you, william byers." her arms wrapped around his shoulders.

"i love you, too, y/n byers." will whispered, gently rubbing her stomach, where a baby bump was forming.

"we should probably go find our kids now." y/n smiled as she gripped will's arm and walked back down the isle, greeted with will and y/n's friends and family.

"i told you it wasn't goodbye." y/n smirked.

"wha- oh, that. why did i move again? did something bad happen in hawkins?" will questioned.

"i don't know, i can't remember anything from hawkins, it must have been very boring."

"y-yeah- it must have..."