Empress Xie•10

A/N: Yeah it's been a while. Please don't hate me I've been working on my final project and my advisor chose my last semester to fall in love and get married. Selfish bastard. Anyway, here's an update and thanks for 1k reads.

Jun Qi Fai sat peacefully, his features devoid of emotions while his family chattered happily amongst one another.

It was about a month after the Cherry Blossom festival and Jun Qi Fai's days had been peaceful. Well, as peaceful as they could be in a place like the imperial palace. There'd been about four or five assassination attempts but that's just life for a royal. Frankly, he'd be a little frightened if no one was gunning for his life.

"Qiu'Er you look so lovely today. Pregnancy really suits you." The Empress Dowager praised, her eyes looking fondly at First Wangfei's protruding stomach.

"Imperial Grandmother praises me too much." Heng Qiu said with a blush.

"Imperial Grandmother is right." Fifth Wangfei chimed, her eyes blank and cold. "Heng Jiejie's skin is practically glowing."

"It's only because of the medicinal herbs the Emperor and Empress bestowed on me."

The Fifth Wangfei, Chang Mei, felt bitter. No one was this concerned when I was pregnant. She spitefully thought. This was Heng Qiu's first pregnancy and everyone was losing their minds over it. The Crown Prince's wife sat atop a satin pillow, five or six maids from both the Empress and Empress Dowager hovering around her. Even the Emperor was in a good mood when he saw her. It wasn't like this when Chang Mei was pregnant. Even when she miscarried, she only received some consolation gifts. Why was no one this doting on me?

Jun Qi Fai watched Chang Mei seethe while Heng Qiu lavished everyone's attention. His family was so much fun. He could see the Empress hoped Heng Qiu harbored a little Prince in her stomach, and the Empress Dowager was pleased to get her first great grandchild. Chang Mei was annoyed because though she is Chang Ai's grand niece, the Empress Dowager did not favor her because the Changs went against her wish of marrying one of their own to the princes.

Jun Qi Fai understood why Jun Qi Dishi observed them so closely. It was truly enlightening to see everyone in the royal family had so many openings.

Well, Jun Qi Fai had the advantage of his dream so he was already certain Heng Qiu's child wouldn't come out alive.

If he remembered right, Jun Qi Dishi would have someone incite Chang Mei and she'd poison Heng Qiu. The first person to give Chang Ai a great grandchild was Xie Lien, allowing her to become even more liked by the old woman.

The Emperor observed Jun Qi Chen lovingly putting nutritious meals in his wife's plate. He knew it was an act, but he wouldn't miss a chance to tease his cute sons. "It's good to see First Prince treats his Wangfei so well." Immediately, Jun Qi Kang stiffly put some food in his wife's plate. Jun Qi Ming just barely kept from snickering. "Seeing the Princes so grown, Zhen can't help but feel old. It would be nice if all of Zhen's sons could settle down."

The Empress Dowager's face immediately lit up, excited at the prospect of more great grandchildren. "That's right! Is there anyone you two are interested in? Tell Aijia and Aijia will help you."

When marriage was brought up, Jun Qi Dishi would laugh and gently direct attention elsewhere. Jun Qi Fai has showed himself unreadable since young, so no one expected his wheat colored skin to tint a bashful red.

Everyone was rendered speechless by the childish reaction the demon gave. Even Jun Qi Ming couldn't believe his eyes.

"Jun Qi Fai..." The Empress Dowager said in awe. "could it be you fancy someone?"