5. The Black Queen

The following morning existed of the halls of Hogwarts being filled with whispers of a mystery student who had pranked Snape.

The picture that had been taken the night before had been duplicated and spread around the school. The masterpiece was hanging on the walls of the corridors, it was being handed from student to student and last but not least was the original copy of 'Chicken Snape' that hung on the door to the potions classroom with a sticky charm which made it impossible to rip off.

Salem was contentedly eating her scrambled eggs alongside Macy who was enjoying her scone with jam when Fred and George came sprinting inside the Great Hall and plopping down in front of the two girls.

"Have you heard of-," started Fred.

"What happened to Snape?" Finished off George.

They both had shit eating grins on their faces and Salem's mouth quirked up at the memory of being shown the picture of 'Chicken Snape'.

"Oh yeah, some student got him real good. I heard he still hasn't gotten rid of some of the feathers in certain places."

The twins' faces scrunched up in disgust at the vivid thought that had entered their minds and they scowled at their friend. "Merlin Salem, that's just awful."

She shrugged innocently, but the mischievous glint in her eyes told them she was the opposite. Fred picked up a fork and stole some of her potatoes. She looked at him with a raised eyebrow, unimpressed. "There's literally a whole table with food in front of you and instead of picking something from the table you grab my breakfast... Why?"

"Stolen food tastes better," he smirked and went in for another bite and pouted when she swatted away his hand.

She felt someone sit down next to her and flitted her eyes over to Lee Jordan. He put some sausages on his plate and looked at his friends with a twinkle in his eyes, as if he knew something the others didn't.

"What is it that you're hiding, Jordan?" George asked with narrowed eyes.

Lee grinned and took a bite of his sausage before replying. "I heard some rumours about something being left behind at the crime scene, but Snape definitely won't leave it lying around in the open..."

The unspoken question was hanging in the air and the five of them looked at each other and mischievous smiles lit up their faces.

♠️♠️♠️

They were sneaking quietly through the dungeons after curfew. Salem stopped them abruptly when her hand shot out, halting Fred and George from moving forward.

"What is it?" They whispered, staring at her in confusion. Her eyebrows were knitted in concentration and her head was tilted slightly to the left.

"What are you doing?" Macy asked quietly.

Salem motioned for her to be quiet and listened closely. She heard scratching sounds from a quill gliding over some parchment coming from behind the door to Snape's office. "He's in his office, probably grading some papers or writing letters."

The others looked even more confused than they did before and Lee voiced the question that spooked through all four heads. "How do you even know that?"

"I can hear it," Salem shrugged, "Can't you guys hear it?"

They shook their heads looking at her weirdly, but shrugged it off. Maybe they just caught a cold and had stuffed noses and ears and the twins probably had hearing damage anyway because of all the explosions that were going on in their room at the Burrow.