12. The green eyed monster

"Shush Fred, take it like a man," Salem said while combing her fingers through his hair.

"But you're pulling too hard woman, I'm going bald with the way you're going at it!" He whined loudly and groaned in pain when her finger got stuck in a tangle of hair.

She yanked her fingers out of his hair and looked at him exasperatedly with her hands on her hips. "Well, do you want your natural hair colour back or not? The packaging said that the colour would fade if you washed your hair at least three times and the shampoo needs to reach every single spot, so I have to do run my fingers through it like that. But if you want to stay pink for some more..."

Salem turned on her heels slowly and smirked smugly when she felt Fred's fingers enclose around her wrist. She turned back around and raised an eyebrow at the boy. "Changed your mind?"

He sighed deeply and nodded. "But could you please be more gentle?"

Salem moved around the chair she had seated Fred on and massaged the shampoo into his hair more carefully this time. A groan of appreciation left his lips and the sound made Salem's cheeks turn an apple red, she liked it way too much. She cleared her throat awkwardly and got rid of that train of thought.

"Is this better you big baby?" She questioned teasingly. She was incredibly happy that he couldn't see her face and notice just how red her cheeks were.

Fred hummed and nodded slightly. "Much better, sweetheart."

Her heart skipped a beat at the endearment. She looked at her handiwork once more, Fred's entire head was covered by shampoo, not an inch was left uncovered. She nodded proudly at herself and went to the sink to rinse her hands, washing the shampoo off her hands.

"Alright, you need to move to the sink and lean back against it, like resting your neck against the si–"

Fred moved the chair toward the sink and tipped it backward, leaning the back of the chair slightly against the sink and letting his neck rest on top of the edge. He looked up at Salem and questioned her with his eyes if this was what she meant.

"Brilliant, just like that!" She grinned brightly and grabbed her wand. "I'm going to use the water-making spell, because the faucet won't reach that far."

Fred nodded, indicating for her to do her thing and he watched her carefully. Her black curls looked beautiful in the sun that shone through the window, it had streaks of hazel in them if you looked close enough. Her eyes were even more beautiful, they somehow turned even brighter and he noticed how much they twinkled in the sunlight.

"Aguamenti," Salem muttered softly and a stream of water left her wand. She pointed it carefully at Fred's shampoo filled hair and ran her fingers through its strands, rinsing out the white bubbles.

He closed his eyes and hummed contentedly, giving Salem the opportunity to run her gaze over his face. Despite the fact that his hair was now an awful clash of colours, he still looked handsome to her. The freckles that graced his face gave him an innocent look, which he certainly didn't deserve with all the pranks he pulled. And his eyes, don't even let her start on his eyes, because Salem would never shut up given the chance. They were a rich colour of brown like chocolate and as soft as fur when he gazed at her, and when the sun stood just right and illuminated his face, they resembled pools of gold where you could easily drown in.

She shook her head once again, focusing on the task at hand. All the bubbles had left his hair and the bright pink colour had noticeably faded, but could still be seen. She would have to wash his hair one more time and then it would be back to how it had been before what they now referred to as 'the incident'.