Chapter 1: Mari's New Worst Day

{This chapter is rated E for embarrassing... wait that isn't how stories are rated? Ok, I guess it's T for teen / 13+. If you get triggered by embarrassing situations, just wait for the 🙈🙈🙈 symbol and skip to the 😹😹😹. But if you are like most people you'll probably get some 🍿🍿🍿.}

Adrien in a swimming suit in person was a million times hotter than any of the posters in her bedroom. Adrien Agreste-- the famous model and son of Gabriel Agreste the most exclusive and elusive Fashion Designer in Paris-- was wearing a swimming suit at the beach in the Bahamas, and Marinette was lucky enough to see him in person. No one at the photoshoot had spotted her yet so she felt free to drool over him.

She hid behind a palm tree as she sighed. This wasn't the first time she had spied on Adrien at a photoshoot, but there was something very different this time. Now that Marinette was an intern for Agreste Designs and Fashions, she was actually supposed to be there. Being close to Adrien made everything that had happened that day worth it.

Earlier that day, when Mari got off the airplane she was so exhausted. She had never flown before so she was completely unprepared for being corralled into a plane that was designed to fit as many people as uncomfortably as possible. She had been ushered into coach class and had a seat between a nice old lady and an obnoxious businessman. Between the two of them, Marinette had engaged in reluctant conversations throughout the entire ten-hour flight. By the time she had gotten to the Bahamas it was 6 am and she was expected to go to work at 8 am.

After picking up her luggage from the baggage area she had exited the terminal and saw someone with a sign that said Marinette on it. She got into the car, rode to her hotel on her internship acceptance paper, then went to the front desk where she was given a key to a room. She quickly went up the elevator and went to the hotel room. It was a basic room with a dresser, a private bathroom, and two beds. There was another suitcase on the bed that was closest to the window. Wait, what?

No one said anything about sharing a room. But at least she was finally getting the opportunity of a lifetime to work for her favorite designer. And maybe she'd get the chance to see Adrien! From afar. If that was even permitted. Actually she had no idea if she'd even see him. She sighed as she put her bag on the other bed. She jumped in the shower, changed her clothes, then headed back down the stairs where hopefully she'd find a ride to the job site which was only listed as TBD on her paperwork.

Lucky for her she received a text that said it was on the beach within walking distance. Marinette ran to the location on the map and waited for thirty minutes, but she saw no one there.

Then she got a text:

Unknown number: Intern! Where are you? You are late! Come here immediately!

There was a link to a location on the other side of the beach, nearly ten-minute walk. She ran as quickly as she could, not sure how she got a text to the wrong location. When she got to the location she found a redheaded woman in a fashionable red dress and high heels. Her makeup was impeccable and the color of her lips matched the same ruby red of her dress. She was holding a tablet and standing by a pile of boxes and bags.

"There you are! Intern, I hope this isn't going to be a habit with you." The woman said. "I want you to set up each of these tents, then stock them with the items in these boxes. The photographers will be coming next, and I need you to help them with setting up their equipment. The directions are on each box. Then after that, the models will be here and all of the swimsuits and accessories will need to be ready and in their proper dressing tents. Got it?"

Marinette nodded. If Hawk Moth didn't kill her first, this day sure was going to do her in.

She wished she had gotten some sleep because it seemed like quite a list of things to do, but she was determined to impress this woman who hadn't even given her name yet. She quickly got to work on the tents, then placed cushions and arranged the foldable chairs and furniture. She carefully unpacked each box and set up each tent as directed.