Chapter 10: Chat Blanc

{This Chat Blanc isn't like the one in the show, so there are no spoilers. Also, I made up some more stuff, so those aren't spoilers either.}

When Marinette woke up, she was smiling. Adrien was still in her arms and she could smell his self-named fragrance. "Good morning, Adrien."

"Good morning, princess."

She was still smiling when she opened her eyes, but she was not expecting to see the green-cat eyes of Chat, and she was definitely not expecting to see him all dressed in white.

She shot up and then fell off the bed. She shrieked when she realized that she wasn't in the hotel bed anymore-- she was in Adrien's bedroom. Something was terribly wrong.

"How did we get here? Where's Alya and Nino?"

"They are still in the Bahamas, I didn't want to cut their vacation short. But you and me, we have business here." His gaze was full of heat as he walked towards her with all the confidence of his fashion show catwalks.

"Tikki, spots on." But the kwami was nowhere in sight. Mari's hands went to her ears and then she gasped. Her earrings were missing.

"Chat, what have you done with my earings?"

Chat jumped off the bed and stretched, then smiled as he looked at Marinette. "A beauty such as yourself doesn't need adornments like jewlery. They distract from your puuuurfection."

Mari started to back away. Chat was not acting like Chat. "What's wrong with you Chat Noir?"

He laughed. "Nothing's wrong. In fact, everything is right for once. I've finally earned my father's approval and we can be together. And I'm no longer Chat Noir. I'm Chat Blanc-- didn't you notice?"

Mari ran for the door and Chat Blanc followed after her.

"There's nowhere to run, princess. My father has the house on lockdown."

She ignored him and ran down the stairs to the front door, but when she opened it she was face to face with a thick metal barrier. She looked around at all of the windows and they too were also blocked with the same thick metal barriers.

He picked her up like she were as light as a feather, and carried her bridal style up the stairs, but Mari wasn't having it. "Let me down, Chat Blanc, I can walk!"

"As you wish, princess." He put her down before they made it up the stairs. The house sounded eerily quiet. Adrien continued, "I'm a prisoner too like I've been all along. You'll get used to it princess. Well be able to leave once My father figures out how to use the two miraculouses to bring back my mother-- and then you'll finally get to meet her."

She gasped. "Your father is Hawk Moth? And... he's been trying to save your mother this whole time?" Mari didn't know what to say, but she still couldn't let Hawk Moth alter reality because the Guardian had warned of dire consequences. But if he were trying to figure out how to combine them, that meant he still hadn't translated the book of the Guardians. Which meant that there was still time. "What are you going to do with me?"

"There's nothing to worry about, my princess. I'd never hurt you. I love you." He went in for a kiss but she turned her head so he just kissed her cheek.

He had a funny way of showing it, but he was Akumatized so she knew he wasn't in full control of his actions. Adrien was in there somewhere buried, and all of his emotions were amplified because of the Akuma. So it only made sense that he wouldn't try to hurt her. She'd just play along and wait for the right opportunity to call for help or escape.

"I love you too, Adrien," she said and grabbed Chat's hand. She tried to pretend she was being tender, but she was trying to reach his miraculous.

When she felt his ring finger, she paled. He wasn't wearing a miraculous. Chat Blanc laughed. "You think my dad would let me hold on to it if he had the choice? He's afraid an Akumatized Chat Noir would be more powerful than him. I'm like a declawed housecat. Are you still going to try to escape, princess?"