Chapter 5: 🍿🍿🍿Popcorn🍿🍿🍿

"Make a wish," Adrien said.

They had played video games up until midnight, but when the hotel clock hit midnight they all stopped to sing a birthday song for Marinette. Adrien had even gotten a cupcake with a little candle that said 18 on it. 

"Maybe that you and that someone special will FINALLY get together!" Alya said over the phone.

"Yeah, and make it count," Nino added. "Wish for second or third base." Silly Nino, I don't play baseball-- Wait, Nino said what?

Mari rolled her eyes at her friends on the cellphone, made a wish, and then blew out the candle. Of course, she wished to be together with Adrien as a couple, but she wasn't going to tell anyone that.

They said goodbye and then they hung up the phone. "I guess I should get going," Mari said as she got up.

"Just one movie," Adrien said, not wanting the night to end. 

Mari guessed losing out on a little more sleep wouldn't hurt so she nodded her head. "Okay fine. Just one. But after that, I need to get some sleep."

They settled on The Princess Bride, which is a movie that Mari had never heard about before. When Adrien told her that it was one of his mother's favorite movies, Mari felt like they had to watch it.

"Do you want popcorn?" He asked, while the previews loaded.

"They have popcorn here?" Mari askex as she looked around the room, which she assumed was part of the hotel lobby.

"Well, they usually get me a basket of fruit and snacks for my room, including popcorn. I never eat it all," he said as he went to the kitchenette.

Mari's stomach dropped when she realized that they were in Adrien's hotel room. Alone. At night. Unsupervised. He pressed the popcorn button on the microwave and the bag started to pop.

"Are you okay?" Adrien asked when he looked over and noticed that Mari stopped breathing.

She nodded quickly. "I'm fine," she squeaked. After the popcorn was done, Adrien poured it in a bowl and joined Mari by the couch. She noticed that he was sitting right next to her, so close that they were touching, even though there was a lot of room on the couch. Why is he so close?  So he can share the popcorn easier? Did popcorn sharing require shoulder to shoulder contact? Why were their legs touching? Did. He. Notice??? Mari couldn't think straight.

But as soon as the movie started, she started to relax and sank back into the couch. After a few minutes of the movie, her exhaustion started to take over and, despite her desire to watch the movie, she fell asleep.

Adrien was a little startled when Mari snuggled up against him, but when he realized that she was asleep by her loud snore, he chuckled. She looks so cute. But then, it posed a problem. Did he wake her when she looked like an angel? Did he just carry her to her hotel room which was quite a distance away? He could let her sleep on his couch, but that wouldn't be the gentlemanly thing to do, right?

"She's going to ruin that dress if she sleeps in it," Plagg laughed when he got out of hiding and realized the coast was clear. The kitten-sized kwami yawned and stretched because he had been cooped up in the hiding space all day.

Adrien rolled his eyes at Plagg, knowing full well that the kwami could care less about fashion. He was just stirring the pot. "She's fine how she is. And if she ruins the dress I'll buy her a new one." In fact, if Luka paid for the dress, Adrien would prefer she get rid of it. Not that he was jealous. He picked her up bridal style, and when she still didn't wake up, he put her in the bed and put the covers over her. "Goodnight, princess."