Chapter 15: A Little Late

*******************************

Adrien and Mari were sitting at the kitchen table while Mari's parents scrambled back and forth from the kitchen to the bakery. They had both insisted that they stop everything and work on picking out a cake.

Sabine got a fresh plate of cakes and set them in between Mari and Adrien. "This cake is lemon with poppyseed, and this one is red velvet, and this one is chocolate."

Having grown up around wedding cakes of all kinds, Mari didn't need to try any of the samples to know what they tasted like. "Mom, Dad, we have three months to decide. I don't see what the hurry..."

"Less than three months, Mari. 65 days and counting," Adrien said before taking a bite of the cholate mini cake. He then took another bite of the red velvet cake.

He's keeping track of the DAYS? Mari was about to say something when she noticed that some of the buttercream frosting was stuck on Adrien's lip. "Wait you've got something on your face." She got a napkin out and wiped it off.

"Oh thanks... Oh no, you have some too," before Mari knew what was coming, a handful of the uneaten cake was shoved into her face, and all of its rich buttercream frosting was smeared all over.

"Hey," Mari protested, but then stopped suddenly as she took a taste of the cake. "That's not bad."

Adrien pulled Mari onto his lap. "I don't think I tasted this one," he said right before licking the frosting right off her face.

Waaaa? Adrien did what?

"I think it's one of my top choices, but I think I need another taste." He leaned in again and their lips collided. There was no holding back like there was for the photoshoots, and they both kissed each other like there was no tomorrow.

"Save that for the wedding," Tom said with a laugh.

"Or the honeymoon," Sabine said.

Oh no! She had forgotten about her parents. Mari wanted to die right then, but Adrien just gave her a smirk. There were many more samples and they both poured over the books and narrowed down a list of textures, colors, shapes, and flavors. Mari might have wanted something simple, but because this was part of her parent's wedding gift she knew her parents wouldn't be satisfied unless it was a cake fit for royalty.

They both decided to take a break and headed to Mari's room for some privacy. As the door closed behind them, Adrien looked around. "You still have those photos of me?"

"I haven't had time to take them down!"

"It's okay... I don't mind. I'll even model for you personally, not necessarily with clothes," he said with a wink.

Wait... uh... did he mean...?

Mari blushed so hard, she was sure she'd pass out. She wasn't sure if it was even possible to pass out from blushing, but if it was, Mari was sure she'd find a way. "You are so like Chat right now!"

He laughed and then took her hand and brought it up to his lips. "Cause we are the same person."

"Right..." She started to blush even more.

He pulled her close into her arms and then looked into her eyes. "There's been something I've been wanting to ask you..."

Oh no. This was it. He probably finally realized that I'll never be ladybug again and he's going to break up, finally. She knew it was coming. All dreams must end sometime.

Adrien looked at the beautiful woman in his arms. Her hair was still up in tight pigtails and she still looked nervously away. She had been acting weird ever since they got suddenly engaged, but of course, Adrien didn't know how to go about talking about how he acted as Chat Blanc because she always seemed to brush it off. So instead he asked another question that popped into his head. "Are you going to design your own dress or do you want to use one of my father's dresses?"