November 4, 2014 [Peer Pressure]

"Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm." ~Proverbs 13:20

Peer Pressure-

Everyone deals with peer pressure. Even nonbelievers. It's something that everyone struggles with.

As Christians, we know the difference between right and wrong. When you asked Jesus into your heart, you were saying that you are going to live the way He does; you are going to do the right things. But, we all slip up.

We get pressured into doing things. Sometimes, by Satan. He tempts us to do whatever He wants us to. Sometimes we are strong enough to say no, and unfortunately sometimes we aren't. It's going to happen occasionally.

But sometimes our friends pressure us into doing wrong things. Depending on your age, it can drastically vary. If you're being pressured to something wrong, remove yourself from that situation. God says that if we walk with 'wise people' or people who know Him, we will also be wise. Surround yourself with other Christians. Not only will you be keeping each other out of trouble, but you'll be walking together on the path God has called you to walk! You can help each other out!

He also says that if we walk with 'fools' we will 'suffer harm'. That's basically what peer pressure is. It's someone who's lost, and they are doing the wrong thing instead of the right that you know. And they try to pressure or convince you into 'tagging along'. Don't do it. It may seem fine right now, or 'cool' right now, but God promises you will suffer harm by doing so.

Dear God, temptation is everywhere. Please guide me away from it. Please help me surround my self with people that will strengthen my faith and my longing to do good for You. Amen.