Chapter 6: Is Resistant

Everyone was overcome with shock.

One half at the Swan Candidacy sounding legitimate. The other half, filled with curiousity at Rick's seeming discontent for it.

What broke up the tense atmosphere, was Warren's laughter.

   "You guys, you guys are pulling my leg, right?" He began.

Norman and Tiara looked at him.

   "That had to be some, fever dream, right?"

   "Everyone having the same dream?" Chester responded. "I think it makes more sense that it was a play at some, festival."

   "It's very real," Norman replied. "I was there."

Warren leaned back against the counter. "Mr. Stonelock, with all due respect, you are the most respectable, honest boss I've ever met. But ever since she showed up, she's gotten in your head. Now I don't want to sound rude! But, did, perchance, you drink anything that tasted funny recently?"

   "Did she drug you?" Chester asked, Warren elbowing him.

   "You're not supposed to say it outright, stupid!" He snapped as Chester rubbed his arm.

Norman glared at the two men, looking over at Rick. "And what's your issue with this?"

Rick continued to stare daggers at Tiara. "Nothing at all."

Tiara glared at him, hissing lowly. She tried to contain her anger.

   "If in fact, you are the Swan Candidate," Rick began. He walked towards her.

   "Hey, Rick," Norman walked towards the counter, standing to the side of Tiara. Although, she was the furthest from intimidated.

   "Why aren't you doing your so-called duties? Where have you been this whole time?" He continued.

There was endless silence, Rick slapping the counter, walking away. "Exac-"

   "Hiding," Tiara replied.

Rick turned to look at Tiara, not expecting an answer.

   "From what?" Chester asked, walking over to the group.

Norman understood exactly what. "You boys remember what P.I. Langwaye and I discussed at the window yesterday? 'The Swan Massacre of 1920'?"

   "Yea-" Warren paused. "You don't mean..."

Norman nodded. "I mean exactly that."

He turned towards Tiara, looking at the men.

   "Tiara here, is being targeted."

The shoppe fell into complete silence.

Tiara fiddled with her fingers. Norman stared at the floor. Rick and Warren didn't know where to look.

Chester stared at the floor as well, looking up. "The Rlyll Kidnappings....going on right now. Is that also..."

   "It could be," Norman said, thinking it over.