Prolougue - Flashback

Tanith knew it.

The moment Sanguine got distracted from having weakened the Black Cleaver, she knew it would use this precious opportunity to strike.

So many years ago, she probably wouldn't have even cared and maybe she would have even been happy about the fatal ending, that was about to happen to Billy... her lover. However now after the incident with the remnant and even after what Valkyrie had told her, she cared and she wanted to warn him.

Yet, it was clear, she wouldn't make it in time. Hence she onerous pulled the last bit of weak strength the cleaver had left her, together and used her agility to rush to his side, as quickly as her aching feet still allowed it.

And just before it would have sliced its deadly, sharp scythe through Sanguine's throat, Tanith shoved the eyeless Killer out of the way and...

.... before she had even the chance to still react, already felt a quick cold brush on her throat. And didn't even recognize, until only after she felt the disgusting, ugly-smelling, freezing red liquid oozing out of her sliced throat, that the armoured creature had already finished his craving death-blow.
Ticking seconds before her body sneakingly began to numbly shut down, so her body to slightly sway side to side, before the only thing she could still feel or see was her own strong-built figure collapsing to the side, as the terrifying cleaver malevolently straightened itself again and her vision turned dark....

While in the very same time, a shudder went down Sanguines Spine at this horrific sight and he cried out in a high pitched tone...

" N-NO" ...