Mysterious Partner

Motionless and frozen!

That was the best way to describe the terrified and speechless detective, as she continued to stare, like paralyzed at the worse, than bad state of her friends son...

Frozen, even though she knew that the time on the clock kept on ticking, though just couldn't convince her subconsciousness to take one single move forward, as she just continued to let her narrowed hazel eyes shivery observe the limb figure..

Pale, as the moonlights brace and almost a vampire-white, compare to his black leather jacket and the greyness of the entire broken and decayed furniture's of the factory.
Shallowly breathing, almost not even seeable, if her eyes weren't so sensible to tiny, almost invisible movements, for they could see his flat chest faintly rising and falling.
Almost transparent, but flowing droplets of sweat running down the side of his motionless face and down his with-sweat-soaked ginger - blond hair, while his whole body seemed to be shaking from the cold.

But then, again, there was something else, that caught the very corners of her watchful eye-sight even more, which was the not-overlook able, in-the-sun-gleaming blade of his beloved straight razor, dyed in a sparkling, scarlet and thick liquid and laying only centimetres beside his own bloody right-hand, that had made her whole being just freeze even more.

If not take a horrific step back, whilst her eyes still didn't dare to move away from him.

Paralyzed..
Widdening, narrow eyes..
Frozen and cold, as a shudder ran down her own spine..

Until her own heavy breathing and a flinch of her fingertips seemed to, once more, snap her out of her numb state and with it let the feeling in her legs return, as she immediately used that faithful second to instantly run up to him...

But letting herself collapse not right instantly again, on her buckling, strong knees, as she had reached his paling form and only hesitantly and carefully, as if he was made out of thin, fragile glass, placed her right hand slowly on his terrifying-bony waist, whilst her left hand let itself slip under the side of his wet blond hair and no second later rolled him s l o w l y on his back, so in the same time in a slightly lifted up position, with his head gently placed in her left, already red-dyed palm..

As she could no long later feel its cold, shivering texture already slide down the back of her fingers,..
.. then hands,..
.. then down the bridge of her arms,..
.. until it would fall again and again down on the dirty, icy ground with these sickening, monotonous and naked dropping sound.
Whilst in the very same time the tips of her right-hand' fingers were already about to instinctively reach out for the bare skin of his throat and check for the Killers unknown pulse..

When she nervously followed the movements of her trembling fingers making its way towards it and her middle -, so index-finger landed on his carotid artery to expect..

A pulse....
A pressure against her own fingerprints...
A beat of life..

...., but was at first only welcomed by the killing silence of this life-draining place, which only the naked dripping noises of the scarlet blood still dared to disturb, with its cold and stretching, howling echoes.

Second by second, that passed, like eternal hours, as Valkyrie desperately continued to wait and wait.
5 dangerously-long seconds, until at last a shot of slight relief was able to conquer her entire body, when she finally felt a small, almost unnoticeable pressure pushing against the bare skin of her own finger tips..
That along its relieving beat of live, made her release a heavy, but shaky out breath, that with its first exhaling breeze of air made the Silence all around her crack in this very instant.