A Long Night

Nevertheless they needed some rest and unbelievable or not they even slept together.

Which was indeed quite shocking.

Cause of the fact, that they once were enemies and nowadays managed to develop such a great partnership and a kind of relationship, too.

Leading to the current moment, where both end up in bed...

Gently Dusk kissed Valkyries forehead and put his hand around her., Rest... You deserve a break, Val'' he purred softly in addition and stroke her over her back. Hence Valkyrie cuddled herself into him and responded in a loving tone, after she had closed her eyes, And you deserve one, too''

, If you say so... '' Dusk replied sweetly. And kissed her one more time on the forehead, before he, as well, close his eyes and both slipped into a peaceful sleep.

Compare to Valkyrie, Dusk undoubtedly would have never thought to once be so close to the young Detective.

Let alone be a Detective, himself.

For him it feels like it had just been yesterday, where he had teamed up with the deceased General, Baron Vengeous and met Valkyrie Cain for the first time. Funny to think, that there he still wanted to kill her and after the scar accident even more.

But as people say, time heals, let it be Grudges, sibling fights or enemies and friends, time heals everything.

Hopefully the broken Sanguine, as well.

Indeed Valkyrie had a guess of the reason he is cutting himself,..

.. so had Dusk.

The time they formed the Maleficent Seven to reclaim the Godkiller-weapons, he couldn't have seen better, how close they were, despite the remnant and just how truly Sanguine loved Tanith.The sames for Valkyrie, up to today she knows the Eyeless Killer around as long as Dusk and the moment he had saved her, all those years ago, from the remnant attack and told her accidentally how much he liked Tanith, she could tell it was real love he was feeling.

Wherefore she could tell even better, once she saw the great Bond between those two, after they finally reappeared for the Irish Sanctuary after desappearing for 4 years at the remnant attack.

Then in a matter of weeks, everything with Darquesse happened and they even fought side by side.

Many things happened, too many people died, unfortunately Tanith was one of them and Sanguine was always believed to be one, too.

Because that was the last time Valkyrie had seen them, both fighting together the Black Cleaver.

And the next thing she knows, was hearing about the found of her friends' corpse.

Causing her to shed another thousand of tears that night for another loss.

The same few tears that made they way down her cheek the following morning, as she watched the limb body of Sanguine...