Chapter 12

"The thing about embracing your own chaos is that it never becomes clear when you need to stop."
_

Jennie

Another game.

The loud speaker produces another eerie sound making us all gulped. It's been a week since the threats and killings stopped. Everyone thought it's already done, that the killer already gave up, but no - it's back again and it's more aggressive than before.

It's scarier.

[Would you all believe me if I told you that after this message someone will die? - ah - wait - I'll make it two. Two heads to make it more exciting.]

Everyone started murmuring, scared for their own lives, body's trembling, eyes watery and mind's being frozen at the moment that's what everyone is feeling right now.

[I'm coming.]

Gunshots.

Everyone gasped when we saw Yugyeom and Junhoe fell on the cold ground inside our classroom. Lifeless. Their blood's drowning them.

Headshot.

Everyone screamed at the top of their lungs before evacuating the classroom. Lisa, Jisoo and Rosé stood frozen on their spot so I don't have a choice but to drag them out. "Guys! Move! Come on!" I shouted at them still dragging them away from the scene.

"Y-Yugyeom..." Lisa mumbled, her eyes shows no emotion. It's blank. "H-He's like my brother..." She furrowed her eyebrows but still in her own trance. I stopped running in front of the Library, panting so hard.

"Guys, please put yourselves together. It's already getting dangerous. That person... that person is already showing his or her gruesome way in front of everyone's eyes. We need to do something."

Lisa suddenly whipped her head towards me. "No. We're not getting involve with that Jennie. It's getting dangerous can't you see?! If that person finds out that we're looking for her or him. We will be lying on the cold hard ground just like everyone else. Lifeless." I stared at her with determination.

"We. are. already. involved. Do you think if we turn a blind eye in what is happening we will be saved? No. That person is killing us one by one." I argued back but Jisoo cleared her throat causing us to stop.

"Jennie, Lisa's right. We can't play her or his game if in the first place we don't know how to play this goddamn game and second, we don't know who is our opponent here. It's maybe you or me or Rosé or Lisa or anyone else inside the room! We don't know who we are against to!" Silence started creeping in, we are all thinking about what to do and what not to do.

Everything seems blurry. The game is getting deeper and deeper and I'm afraid that if we let this shit keep going we will not be able to get out.

I'm scared that we will not make it out alive.

"Whether we like it or not... we are already inside his or her mind game, his/her gruesome game." Rosé mumbled.

"All we have to do now is just go with the flow and play the game. But, we need to be careful. We can't trust anyone. It's more like... trust no one."

Lisa sighed heavily. "What you are both suggesting is like jumping on the cliff, blindfolded."

"It's frightening but we need to do this. We need to be brave." I said.

I put my hands inside my hoodie's pocket when my hands suddenly touched a cold metal.

Bullet.

I held it firmly inside my pocket, gripping it tight.

Murderer's POV

Momo X

Hanbin X

Kai X

Yugyeom X

Junhoe X

I tried suppressing my laugh when I saw Yugyeom and Junhoe fell and entered their death. What a wonderful view. The panic in their eyes. The fear that they radiate made me happy. Ecstatic rather. I ran with them not knowing that the murderer that they feared off is just right beside them.

Watching.

Planning.

Enjoying.

Do they really think they can escape me? This is my game and I am the operator, the maker of this goddamn show. They are just a mere character in my revengeful show that will torture them until they give up and surrender, on their own.

But, I am not that ruthless. If they won this game then...

they can keep their life and I'll let them live, away from this nightmare.

Just one winner though.

Ah, if only they didn't make my life miserable this will not happen.

I wonder if my family didn't transfer here in this town, will I live a happy life? Too bad, I already started it and there's no turning back now.

A life for a life

'When will you stop this?'

My mind asked me. 'Stop? No one's talking about stopping here. I will only stop when everyone is already dead.'

'You are a murderer! A monster!'

'It's not my fault! It's their choice! I will never let them live their lives that easily when my sister lost her life because of them! I lost my life because of them!'

'You are a monster just like them!'

'Stop! Don't you dare compare me to them! They are just a disgusting piece of shit! They deserve this! They deserve every pain, every torture and every unfortunate event that I'm giving them!' I argued inside my head.

I entered the comfort room, locking it. I sat down on the floor holding my head. Stop. Stop. Stop. I-I'm a good person. I'm just eliminating the bad ones and the nosy ones.

I need to save my life.

I close my eyes, my breathing is ragged. I can't breathe. I am hyperventilating again. My tears cascaded on my cheeks. I need my sister.

She's the only one who's always there for me, wiping my tears. She's always there when I'm having a panic attack but now, she's gone.

They took her away from me.

I'll make them pay.

I will kill them.

One

By

One.