CHAPTER 9 - WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?

-Above is TX's most constant expression when facing JH-

  Jing He was on guard the whole time.  He cautiously watched TianXia who looked around in a calm manner.  As if he'd never been here before.  JingHe sighed a breath of relief. 
  Whilst on the other and TianXia was in fact pretending to be new to this environment.  although it was the older JingHe he saw in the dream,  it would still make no difference if JingHe knew that he'd been here before.  Theres also the fact that he was kissed here.  now that was something he really didn't want to remember.  he shuddered before walking off.

"where are you going?" JingHe asked roughly before catching up to TianXias pace.

  "do you never listen? I've said before that in the dream realm the dream stalker will take the form of an object within. we must first find this object before we wake up again."

  JingHe nodded in thought before he snapped his head up, "Again?"

  (AN- Neither of them knows that the other's current soul was in the dream scape with the other.)

  TianXia clenched his teeth. Fuck. Such a simple mistake he literally told himself not to make seconds before. TianXia cleared his throat before quickly making up a story, "Well yes, I was in the dream realm last night b-" Just before he was about to make it out so that he was in a different dream scape, JingHe cut in.

  "What! So you were there too!?"

  Seeing such a shocked and flustered JingHe shocked TianXia for a mere moment before his mood became amused. JingHe's current expression was mild panic and flushed. Hiding a mischievous grin, Tianxia deducted that something equally embarrassing must've happened in JingHe's dream. And so he continued walking ahead and said, "Of course, I was present the whole time."

  JingHe's jaw dropped as he ran in front of TianXia, "Y-You mean to say you were there the whole time!?"

  "Yes."

  "And you- you don't have anything to say? About what happened?"

  TianXia raised a slim eyebrow and nonchalantly replied, "What would I have to say? Nothing that great of a deal happened."

  JingHe's cheek twitched as he roared, "Nothing big!?"

  TianXia shrugged and said, "Why are you making such a big fuss? It's nothing I hadn't experienced before."

  JingHe's vein popped at his temple from shock and a surprisingly dark anger that rose from within, he grabbed TianXia by the collar and pulled him back.

  "Hey! W-"

  "What do ou mean you've done it before? With who!? I thought you only had ShiZun in your eyes!"

  TianXia saw the situation was getting out of hand and so he slapped JingHe's hand off him and continued to finish off his lie, "why are you kicking up such a fuss? I fought a few ivy demons." Glancing out the corner of his eye, he saw JingHe's face relaxing.

  "So... you didn't see any person?"

  "no." TianXia replied. Like a liar. "But seeing you being so nervous, what happened in your dreamscape hm? Did you bully some poor maiden?"

  JingHe spat at the ground, "As if!" Tch, bastard, if only you knew the one you called a 'bullied maiden' was yourself. Hmph! He thought.

  As they walked on for what felt like hours on end through groves of bamboo forests, each one containing the same cabin and the same pond, which remained empty, they began growing restless.