CHAPTER 14 - WHOSE FAMILY'S CHILD IS THIS?

TianXia and JingHe flew towards the mountain without a second thought. with an explosion that big, the rocks that will fall won't be little. Still a distance away, the two can see the tumbling of large debris going down the mountain, tumbling down the sides, into the clouds before they'll   hit the villages.

  Metres before reaching the mountain TianXia raised his voice and shouted, " You try and stop some of the falling debris by whatever means, I'll head down and protect the villagers!" 

  JingHe replied with a mere nod before TianXia, dived into the clouds.

  JinHe was left looking at the catastrophe that just happened before his eyes, the peaceful deep blue sky of the night was dyed an un-natural red. JingHe drew a talisman from his sleeves and set it aflame. Just in case ShiZun was elsewhere and didn't know about the explosion. At least this will inform him. Then without further ado, he flew towards the falling debris and began slashing at them with his sword so that they became nothing more than a cloud of dust, the bigger pieces of falling rocks he just used slight internal force to guide the direction of tumble back into the mountain so that they won't fall from the sky. He'll deal with the loose pieces later.

  Meanwhile, shortly after bursting through the clouds, all TianXia could see was chaos. Many falling debris had already made its way down. houses were crushed, people trapped and fires were started.

  Covering his nose and mouth with his wide sleeve, TianXia immediately pulled out a water incantation and chanted before streams of water poured out, directed into the fire.

  Up on the mountain, JingHe was struggling with the amount of falling debris. With an upward swing of his sword a shimmering, blue shield appears and caught many debris. JingHe grunted under the weight as he willed his sword to push everything to the side of the mountain. Once done, JingHe stood on a piece of rock jutting out and rested himself. Too weak... He thought. He really needed to become stronger.

  In the midst of his thoughts, the mountain began to rumble again, caught unaware, JingHe's hand slipped from the rock and exclaimed from shock when the red light seemed to split in two and like a lightning strike struck his extended hand.

  A tingling sensation entered his body and he passed out in an instant. Last thought being ...this is just pathetic...

  TianXia was stressed. Extremely stressed. There were wailing children whose parents were stuck under buildings and rocks, people who pulled on his robes asking for his help, but there were only a few cultivators around to help one whole village. 

  "Damn it, where is ShiZun!" Just as he was about to pull another talisman from his robes a small figure in the sky caught his eyes.

  TianXia squinted before exclaiming, "Is that... What the hell was a child doing on the mountain!"

  Without another word, TianXia mounted his sword and flew upwards with outstretched hands.

  Then a small body landed within TianXia's embrace, swerving in the air to avoid the falling disasters, He eventually landed on the ground. Looking at the small body in his arms he thought something about this child was familiar. It was a little boy, he looked around six years old and he was wearing an oversized shirt that hid all his limbs. TianXia awkwardly shuffled the young boy in his arms, after all, he'd never held one before.

  "Hey, hey kid, wake up!" TianXia said as he cradled the child in one arm and used his free hand to poke that incredibly soft cheek. 

  He poked again.

  And again,

  And he kept poking.

  Damn... it's too soft.... like glutinous rice! I ...can't...stop...

  However, before he was about to poke again, his finger was caught in a gentle grip.

  "Poke again and I'll pull your finger bone out..." The kid mumbled. Before pausing in horror.

  TianXia looked away guiltily and cleared his throat, "Ahem, eh, kid hold on for a bit, I'll take you to the camp and some big brother will help you find your parents OK?" He then began in the direction of the temporary refuge camp.

  Meanwhile the 'kid' waved his little fists in front of his face in utter horror.

  At the camp, TianXia put the kid down and looked around, "Fei ShiXiong! I found another child, please look after him, I'm heading back." he then looked down at the confused looking child who kept flexing his small hands. TianXia knelt down and tilted the kid's face up with a finger, "hang in their little guy, that big brother over there will help you find your parents, if there's anything wrong you let him know OK?"

  The kid looked up, still in a slight daze, he looked at the face that gave him a sad smile. The kid furrowed his brows at the gentleness TianXia was showing him.

  TianXia seemed to remember something as he reached into his robes and pulled out a small sweet. he shoved it in the little guy's mouth and ruffled his hair before TianXia stood up and left swiftly.

  JingHe stood unmoved. Before his jaw slowly started to move, chewing the sweet in his mouth. JingHe looked at his small hands again and lifted his oversized shirt to stare at his tiny, bare feet. Fuck... He thought. If even TianXia didn't recognise him then his appearance really must've changed... into that of a Childs.

  JingHe looked around and saw the approaching Few ShiXiong, this wouldn't do, he has no family here and was not registered as a child... and so he ran, weaved through the crowd and disappeared. Kai ShiZun was his target, if anyone could fix him, it was ShiZun. And like hell was he going to let anyone find out about his disposition, especially TianXia!

..............................................................................................

A/N - sorry this chapter's a lil short but I ended it here because next chapter will start with the end of the mountain shenanigan.

There will be a lot of Meng coming up hohoho

Hope ya'll enjoyed!