New Year, New Friends

Your POV
I stared out the window of the car, my h/c hair sagging over my shoulders as my mom drove me to school.  We passed a building called Pines Pawns, making me curious of who these people were.  We pulled up to the school, my mom turning around to talk to me, my pissed off mind ready to get this day other with.
"Honey, I know you don't like it here, but just try to get along with the other kids, y/n," she said, a serious look on her face.
I responded with a groan and got out of the car, slamming the door closed.  She drove off, leaving me alone with these strangers, my nerdy awkward self left to fend for myself.  I made my way through a crowd of students when I saw two brown haired kids getting picked on.
"Well, well, if it ain't the loser twins," he said, a wicked gleam of joy on his face.  "Hey, six fingers, got rejected by any more girls lately?"
The kid with the glasses blushed out of embarrassment as the bully laughed, making the glasses kid's brother get angry.  He stood in front of his brother and made himself tougher to intimidate the bully.
"Get lost, Crampelter!" he yelled, getting angrier by the second.
The bully continued to laugh, and I looked over at the kid with the glasses, and he looked back, a look of desperation in his eyes.  So I decided to walk over to the bully and give him a piece of my mind.

Ford POV
Stan and I walked to school, ready for the new year.  I trembled with excitement as we neared closer to the school, imagining all the exciting things that would happen.  Stan walked behind me silent, probably daydreaming, when he began to speak.
"You wanna know what I'm excited for, poindexter?" he asked, lifting an eyebrow.
I began to rub my chin as I thought, when finally I snapped my fingers when I had an idea.
"The extra curricular classes. No, not you.  The classical education, no, still not you.  Oh, I got it!  The Latin class where we learn about Greek myths such as the Iliad or the Odyssey?" I asked, curiosity wracking my brain.
"No," he responded, rubbing the bridge of his nose like he was frustrated.  "Those are all things you are excited about, poindexter, and ninety percent of the words you said I didn't even understand."
"Well, what are you excited about?" I asked, truly curious.
"The hot chicks, what else would it be?" he responded, nudging me with his elbow.
I realized we were at the school when Crampelter walked up to us, a sinister look on his face.
"Well, well, if it ain't the loser twins.  Hey, six fingers, get rejected by any more girls lately?" he asked, laughing like a hyena.
I blushed at the comment, embarrassed because it was true, when Stanley walked in front of me, trying to intimidate Crampelter.
"Get lost!" he yelled, getting angrier.
Crampelter continued to laugh.  I looked over to the side of me and there was a girl, a beautiful girl with e/c eyes and h/c that blew in the wind like daffodils at the top of the hill.  Our eyes met and we stared at each other for a few seconds, a look of worry on her face when she looked away from me and walked right in front of Stanley, determination in her eyes.
"Hey, fatso!" she yelled, pointing at Crampelter, her face like a raging wildfire in a plain of dry grass.  "Get lost or get the shit beatin' out of you!"
He stopped and looked down at her, an evil gleam in his eye.
"I would like to see you try, weakling!"  He laughed, his little henchmen laughing with him when she punched him in his Adam's apple and kicked him in his shins, causing his feet to fall from under him.  He toppled to the ground, his henchmen shocked and terrified at the same time.  They looked over at her, astounded by what had just happened, and helped Crampelter onto his feet.
"T-that girl is crazy!" he said, running away from us, his henchmen following soon after.
She turned around and smiled, but then got a confused look on her face when she saw our reactions.  Our mouths were hanging open, shocked yet in awe.
"What?" she asked, shrugging her shoulders.
Stanley stepped up so that he was one step closer to her while I was still about a yard from her.
"You... were such... a BADASS!" he yelled, pumping his fists up in the air and practically jumping up and down.  "Teach me your ways, mighty warrior... umm, what is your name?"
"y/n," she responded, giggling a little, " but you can call me n/n.  What are your guy's names?"
"Well, my name is Stanley, and this is my brother Stanford," he responded, rapping his arm around my shoulder.
"You can call me Ford, if you want," I add, looking at her for a second but then looking away, trying not to blush.
"Ah, so he speaks, I presume," she responds, smiling, but then she looks down at my hands and grabs one, her smile now replaced with... awe?  "That's why he called you six fingers, I was wondering why he called you that."
I began to blush out of embarrassment, trying not to make eye contact with y/n.  "I get it if you don't want to hang out with us because you are freaked out by thi-" I began, but she soon cut me off with words that shocked me.
"Are you kidding?" she asked, a grin spreading across her face, " This is the coolest thing I've ever seen.  It must've been a genetic mutation inside the womb before you were born, or a change of pattern in the DNA chain!"
She looked up from my hand and let go of it, beginning to rub the back of her neck.  I looked at her with awe, wonder making its way into my brain and a weird feeling coming from my stomach, sort've like butterflies in my stomach.
"Sorry," she said, continuing to rub the back of her neck, "I kind've geek out about stuff like anatomy and genetic mutations, they're my two favorite subjects."
"Hey, poindexter," Stan said, nudging me with his elbow, "I think we found someone just as nerdy as you."
She looked at Stan, confused, while I have him a dirty look.  "My brother is a huge nerd," Stan said, ignoring my glare.  " He got interested in science so much last year, that he went to the library and got a college textbook that was four inches thick."
"What field?" she asked, Stanley totally confused by the question, but I understood what she meant.
"Microbiology, " I responded, staring down at my feet.
"Yeah, microbiology is pretty fascinating," she responded.
"Well, wanna join our group of monster hunters and adventurers?" Stan asked, putting his hand out to be shaken.
"Sure, sounds neat," she responded, shaking his hand.
"Introducing to the world of monster hunters...The Mystery Trio! " he said, pulling y/n by the arm, making sure that she was close to us.  She began to laugh, and it caused a domino effect of laughter that made me feel truly happy in the first time for a while.

Hello, my peeps, hope you liked my first chapter.  Share with me your comments and ideas and please follow me if you would and the next chapter will be out as soon as possible.  See you guys next time, bye!😁💛