The Beach is Full of Surprises

Stanley POV
Ford and I woke up, Ford drowsily searching for his glasses while I changed into my red and white striped shirt, excited that it was Saturday. He climbed down from the top bunk, frantically rummaging through everything, breathing very deeply, like he was worried.
"What's wrong, poindexter?" I asked, beginning to worry.
"I can't find my glasses!" he said, searching more frantically. " I can't find my glasses! I'm blind without them, Stanley, what am I going to do? "
He grabbed my shoulders and began to shake me, making me dizzy. He finally stopped shaking me and started to calm down, taking deep breathes and leaning up against the wall.
"Calm down, sixer," I said walking up to him. " We will find them, and besides, we have that extra pair with the crack on the lenses. "
"I guess you're right," he responded, looking up at me and smiling. "I mean, it's not like we'll see anyone important at the beach, right?"

Ford POV
I was so wrong. I got dressed and walked down the stairs, Stanley guiding me so I wouldn't trip and do something stupid. We made it down to the kitchen where mom was making breakfast. Dad was sitting on the couch, reading the newspaper like he did every morning. Stan and I sat at the table, waiting for breakfast when mom turned around and noticed I didn't have my glasses on.
"Where are your glasses, hun?" she asked, putting a plate full of bacon and eggs right in front of me.
" I can't find them, " I responded, picking at my food since I could barely see it.
"Well, let's see if I can find the extra pair," she said, disappearing into the living room. After about five minutes, she emerged from the living room and put the glasses on my face, my temporary blindness lifted. To be honest, I could see better with these than my other ones.
"Thanks, mom," I said, shoveling a big pile of eggs into my mouth.
Soon we finished eating our breakfast and walked to the beach, finally away from the confinement of reality where we could be whatever we wanted to be. I breathed in the fresh ocean air as Stanley ran around the beach being a weirdo, making sand angels. I giggled and helped him up when suddenly I heard someone else giggle from behind me. I turned around and it was y/n, her e/c eyes glistening with joy. She was wearing a f/c shirt and blue jean shorts and a black choker with a gold triangle on it. Her hair was up in a messy bun.
"Hey, y/n," Stan said, walking up beside me and putting his elbow on my shoulder and leaning on my shoulder.
"Hey guys," she responded, her s/c skin shining in the sun.
I tried not to blush, but I probably failed, considering how y/n began to giggle again.
"H-h-hey, y/n," I stuttered, Stan raising his eyebrow and me giving him a dirty look.
" Sup, Ford? " she asked, looking at my glasses. "Did you get new glasses?"
I blushed ten times more, embarrassed. "These were the extra pair because I lost my other pair-"
"No, I wasn't saying that because I didn't like them," she defended, beginning to rub her arm, "I actually think you look cuter with those."

Your POV
My face turned very red and I began to stare at the ground, trying not to make eye contact. Awkward silence lingered between us, only the sounds of the waves crashing down on the soft sand to keep us company. Stanley stood beside Ford, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly before smacking his lips and clearing his throat.
"Well, that was awkward," he observed, putting his thumbs underneath his chin and pointing his index fingers upward, intertwining the rest of them. "So, what are your hobbies, y/n?"
I could tell he was using a classic 'let's make this less awkward' move, winking at him so he realized I understood what he was trying to do.
"I mostly like to read and write, I'm not exactly what you would call a sporty person," I said, social anxiety hitting me like a bullet.
Please don't ask what I write about, please don't ask what I write about, I mentally begged, a false sense of hope washing over me as I thought I was in the clear, Stanley nodding his head like he understood, not going deeper into the conversation, but then Ford finally got the guts to open his mouth again.
"What do you write about?" he asked, putting his hands in his jacket pocket.
My face got hot, burning with the heat of embarrassment, as I stared at the sand, processing each and every grain of sand, hoping that if I stayed quiet long enough, the question would be whisked into the wind, forgotten forever by the nerdy 12 year olds that we were. I brushed a lock of my h/c hair behind my ear, my knees shaking uncontrollably, making me think that they would give out at any moment.
Stan glared at Ford and smacked him on the back of the head, a loud yelp coming from Ford on impact. Ford rubbed his head, looking at Stan with a confused look. Stan rolled his eyes and began talking.
"You see, Sixer, I noticed that she felt uncomfortable talking about her personal life, so I didn't ask anything else about her writing because I could tell she wanted to get out of the conversation as fast as possible. Now you on the other hand, cannot read body language if your life depended on it, so as a result, she is awkward as shit."
"How was I supposed to know that it would make her uncomfortable?" Ford questioned.
"Body language!" Stan yelled in Ford's face, waving his arms around like a crazy person.
"I-i don't mind telling you what I write about," I lied, stuttering and playing with a stand of my hair.
They both looked at me and then each other, crossing their arms and staring at me intently, waiting for me to talk.
"For fun and in my free time I write stories, well books to be exact."
Immediately their eyes lit up, full of awe and wonder. I was shocked but their response, usually people called me lame and treated me like trash when I told them this, so this was a new reaction I had never seen before. This delighted me, so I smirked.
"Wow, that's fricken awesome!" Ford beamed, pushing up his glasses.
"I have to admit, that's actually pretty cool," Stan said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "So, now that we know that you are a nerdy badass who is cool, you wanna join the Mystery Twins and come on terrifying adventures that could possibly get you grounded for weeks pin end?"
I grinned sheepishly, wrapping my arm Stanley and messing up his curly hair.
"Sounds great," I responded, " where do I sign? "
"No need for that," Ford stated, " welcome to the club! "
And so the Mystery Trio was born, ready to take on the world and whatever it threw at us, but there was one problem, I had a crush on one of my best friends and had no way to tell him without destroying what relationship we had. I thought that maybe I would be able to fight through this, but little did I know what Crampelter had planned for me, and I wouldn't be able to see it until it was too late.
Sorry that it has been so long since I last updated, I've been super busy with school and sports and all that jazz. I hoped you liked this chapter and comment and recommend ideas. I would love to hear your ideas that could help improve my story. See you soon, my peeps. Bye!