Confession

After my very sudden and jarring epiphany, I excused myself from the living room under the pretense of showering and getting dressed.

What actually happened was I locked myself in the bathroom, turned on the shower so it sounded like I was getting ready, and panicked for fifteen minutes instead.

"Shit, shit, shit." I swore under my breath repeatedly, as I leaned against the bathroom counter and stared at my reflection in the mirror, my mind going a million miles a minute.

Jin had been right.

I was in love with Joon.

What the hell had happened?

I turned on the sink and splashed some cold water on my face, trying to calm myself down. I took a few deep breaths, watching myself in the mirror, and repeated to myself quietly, "Stay calm. Stay calm. Stay calm."

A sudden knock at the bathroom door made me jump, and then Joon's voice came through the wood, muffled by the sound of the shower, still on behind me, "Hey, (F/N)? The hyungs are here with dinner."

I reached into the shower to turn off the water, calling out in as normal voice as I could muster, "Um, okay! I'll be right out!"

I heard him leave and I unlocked the bathroom door, glancing out and around the room to make sure he was really gone. Darting to the closet, I grabbed a new set of clothes off the shelf and hurried to put them on. When I was finished, I took one more look at myself in the bathroom mirror before I left the bedroom, pointing a stern finger at my reflection as I muttered, "Be cool. Act normal."

I smoothed my hair and my clothes as I exited the room and walked down the hallway, the sound of the other boys laughing and talking coming from the living room ahead of me. When I entered the living space, everyone was sitting on the couch, the coffee table pulled into the middle, covered in boxes of takeout, as the boys reached over each other, talking loudly and shoveling food into their mouths with chopsticks.

Jimin looked up as I walked in and offered me an effortless smile as he said, "Noona! You can sit by me!" He shoved Kook, who had been next to him, off the end of the couch in one movement and then patted the now empty spot beside him.

"Hey!" Kook shouted at him, shooting him a glare as I picked my way between people on the floor and came over to the couch, settling down beside JImin as he handed me a pair of chopsticks.

"Thanks, Jiminie." I leaned forward and grabbed a box of chicken and rice, settling back into the cushions of the sofa as Kook scooted over to sit in front of me, using my legs as a backrest as he dug back into his food.

I reached out my free hand as I chewed a bite of food, ruffling Kook's dark hair as I asked, through the mouthful of chicken, "How was everything today?"

Yoongi looked up at me from where he was seated on the floor, his legs crossed, a container of food balancing on his lap. He pointed his chopsticks at me as he said heatedly, "We told everyone that interview was bullshit. And that that bitch who played us was half the woman you are. And that you were about as dangerous as Jungkookie in his bunny costume."

"Hyung! Language!" Jin yelled from across the room at Yoongi, shooting him an offended look as he glanced over at Jungkook, who was too busy stuffing his face to notice the interaction.

I laughed slightly and then blew Yoongi a kiss from my place on the couch as I said, "Thanks, Yoongs. You guys are the best."

"I'll have you all know." Joon spoke up from his spot on the floor, waving his chopsticks around the room at the other boys, his brow arched as he glanced between them. "I took very good care of (F/N) while you were gone."