Galaxy

Standing in front of the door to the boys' sitting room, I took in a deep, steadying breath, my hands suddenly clammy against the smooth material of my dress.

I didn't know why I was suddenly so nervous to see Joon.

Breathe, (F/N).

Another deep breath, and I pushed through the door into the room beyond, immediately met with the noise and bustle of preshow routines, stylists and artists buzzing around the room, flitting between each of the boys, spread throughout the vast sitting area.

Kook, who had been reclining on one of the couches, hair styled and makeup already done, body clothed in a perfectly fitting black suit, looked up at my entrance. His eyes went wide at the sight of me, and he pulled an earphone from his ear, as he said out loud into the room, to no one in particular, voice full of surprise, "Shit, noona!"

I grinned at him, pleased with his reaction, but before I could say anything in response, I heard Jin angrily call out to the youngest over the din, "JUNGKOOK. LANGUAGE."

I glanced over to where the eldest was standing in front of one of the mirrors, and my heart fluttered in my chest at the sight of Joon sitting beside him, a stylist busily working on his violet hair, his back to me.

Jin turned, and looking up from his phone, mouth still open as if to berate Kook some more, he paused, catching sight of me. "Shit."

I laughed, I couldn't help it, and the sound drew Joon's attention.

Turning in his chair, Jin rushed behind him and covered his eyes quickly with his palms, and as Joon tried to protest, the older brother said sternly, eyes still on mine, motioning with his head for me to come closer, "No, you wait for the big reveal."

I stepped around the couches that were littered throughout the room, careful not to slip on the slick tile floor on my narrow heels, and coming to stand in front of Joon, eyes still covered by Jin, I raised an eyebrow at the eldest, waiting silently, so close that I could reach out if I wanted to and rest my hand on Joon's suit clad knee.

"Noona. So good." Jimin emerged from a back room, tugging his suit jacket into place, and came to stand beside me, offering me an okay symbol with his fingers as he appraised my appearance with satisfaction.

"Ah, come on, hyung. Let me look." Joon complained, his lips pulling into a slightly irritated line, fidgeting beneath Jin's hands.

I didn't think I could wait any longer either. My heart was pounding, and I felt light headed, my hands once again clammy against my sides.

Leaning forward, I pulled Jin's hands down from Joon's eyes, and then stepped back, watching as he blinked a few times to bring me into focus. His dark eyes went wide and his mouth fell open at the sight of me, and I felt a hot blush rise across my cheeks as he stood up and took my hands in his, looking me up and down, before choking out, "Holy shit, jagi. You look incredible."

I laughed, a slightly awkward sound under his sincere praise, and squeezed his fingers with mine, as I offered him half of a grin. "Really?"

"Yeah, you..." His words stuttered to a stop, as he bit his lip, and suddenly, he was releasing one of my hands, wiping the back of it across his eyes, sniffling slightly, as he managed to say, his voice suddenly hoarse with emotion, "You look beautiful."
"Are you crying?" I asked teasingly, laughing again, more comfortably this time, as I stepped toward him and wrapped my arms around his waist, burying my face in his chest, his heartbeat loud in my ear.

"He's totally crying!" Tae said, elbowing Kook as they giggled like schoolboys over their leader's show of emotion, the boys gathered all around us now in a circle.