Eomma

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating over and over again against the wood of the nightstand beside the bed.

I rubbed my eyes with the backs of my hands and rolled over onto my side, reaching out blindly for my phone as the alerts continued to go off. My fingers curled around the phone and I held it up above my head as I squinted my eyes against the light, opening the lock screen and clicking on the group message. A picture of Tae and Yoongs filled the screen, followed by a few messages from them.

Tae: Daegu is not ready for us.

Yoongs: D-Boys are back.

My eyes were more in focus and I pulled up the picture to look at it more closely, grinning to myself at their soft smiling faces before I typed back a response.

So soft. Much wow. XD

The phone buzzed as I sent my message and a picture of Jiminie and Kook popped up onto the screen, their faces pulled into familiar wonky expressions. Underneath, Kookie wrote a short note in response to his brothers above.

Baby Boy: Yeah? Well guess who's back in Busan, bitches!

I laughed at his jibe, knowing full well what was coming. Another alert tone sounded almost immediately.

Jinnie: JUNGKOOK. LANGUAGE.

More dots appeared under Jin's offended message, and then another photo was shared, this time of the eldest hyung in front of the sea.

Jinnie: Also. I may be all alone, but I have the sea. So who's the real winner here?

Jinnie: What did the sea say?

I rolled my eyes at the message, but knew he would be heartbroken if no one played along as I typed out an obligatory response in return to his question.

Is this a dad joke? Why do I even ask anymore -_- What did the sea say, Jinnie?

Jinnie: Nothing. It just WAVED. XD XD XD

I groaned out loud to myself in the quiet of the small bedroom at the ridiculous joke, and was slightly startled when I heard pounding on the wall next to the bed, but relaxed when I heard Joon call disappointedly through the wall between our rooms, "That was literally the worst joke he's ever told!"

I smiled and glanced back down at the group message.

Yoongs: I hate you.

Baby Boy: Jimin is laughing so hard he fell out of his chair.

Of course Jimin was laughing. He had a laugh tolerance wall so low that it was in the ground.

My thoughts were interrupted by Hobi joining the discussion, followed by a picture of him and his older sister.

Hobi: Guys! Look who I'm with! Hyeong says hi! <3

Ahhhh! Hi Jung Da Won! <3

Jinnie: I've said this before and I'll say it again. If your sister ever wants to go on a date....;)

Hobi: Not happening, hyung.

I scooted upward in the bed, finally sitting up, as I responded to the conversation again, sending the picture of Joon I had taken at the dinner table last night, followed by a quick message.

We're eating Eomma Kim's cooking. And y'all are missing out. :P

As soon as I sent the picture, Joon banged on the wall again, his voice annoyed as he called out, "Did you have to send that picture, (F/N)?"