11.

"You," Akashi is standing much too close to Aisaka to be comfortable, "are not a Point Guard."

He's glaring like he's just been offended beyond belief, and Aisaka struggles to stand upright. Short people can be absolute devils and he honestly hates that.

"Uh-- yeah," he steps back, but Akashi follows. He tries not to cry. "I usually play Point Guard to fill in positions, but I'm a Center at my best."

Murasakibara and Nijimura perks up simultaneously. Then they turn to Aomine, who didn't look the least bit surprised.

Aomine raises an eyebrow, "you didn't know?"

Nijimura groans.

"Go tell the managers before the set up the next practice," he waves a hand in the others' direction, "we have a position-based system here and Momoi works really hard on them."

"But Momoi already knows--"

"She knew??"

"Well, I pretty much can play any position except Shooting Guard--"

The karate chop that lands on his head hurts like a sharp gong. He wisely decides to shut up.

"Are you actually pouting, Akashi?" Aomine teases, (and immediately gets socked in the stomach by Nijimura but details) and Akashi folds his arms and huffs.

"I suppose I am upset," to the horror of everyone, Akashi doesn't deny it, "if Aisaka can coordinate his attacks with Aomine, they might conjure a rather fearsome combination."

"Exactly!" Aomine looks up from where he's groveling on the floor, "we're unstoppable together!"

"Then why didn't you play like that from the start? It's been weeks since we've all been here!"

All eyes are now on Aisaka. Aisaka doesn't meet them, he simply looks away like a child getting lectured for stepping on ants.

"As long as it's fun, why does it matter?" he says, "and I'm a little short to be playing Center, anyways."

-

Akashi dribbles the ball, and swerves to a stop when Aomine rushes up to face him. He doesn't even blink. He expected this, after all. His gaze flickers across the court-- he takes one step back and hurls the ball to the ground.

The bounce-pass is scooped up by Aisaka, who transfers into a dribble-- only to skid to a halt when he crosses the three-point line and Murasakibara comes before him.

He only takes half a second to falter.

He searches for Midorima, but he's ducked by Nijimura much too far away. Akashi isn't anywhere close enough either-- Aisaka plants a foot halfway behind him, and turns half his body back.

Murasakibara frowns. Is he running away from a direct confrontation?

Then Aisaka leaps. One arm tucked back, his jump is twirled like a spun spring. His arm releases the ball in a hook toward the net, and it bounces against the rim, sinking right in.

Murasakibara, caught off guard, doesn't react in time.

"Woah, a turnaround hook," Nijimura gapes.

"Huh, is that what it's called?" Aisaka looks at him like he's just said something strange.

"You don't know what you just did?"

"I mean, it just kinda happened."

"Ah, I totally understand."