14.

It started being weird at the Summer Tournament, in their very last match.

The first years only played in some of the matches at the time, and only as subs to see how they would actually do in a game. Aisaka had two matches as a sub, yet it wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say that Aisaka was the MVP of the day.

When he stepped onto the court, the air sank many times heavier.

He had played in the previous match as well, and had scored a devastating thirty points upon entry. It made sense that people were wary of him.

Aisaka played the Center in place of Murasakibara, and he caught every rebound despite his shorter stature. He avoided every screen and slipped past every one-on-one he had to face.

In the air with their opponent's Center, Aisaka leaps-- he fakes a layup, and rolls the basketball with a perfectly executed Teardrop.

No one could stop him.

-

"Your jumping power is really amazing. What's your record on high jumps?"

"Huh? Uh, 2.3 meters?"

"Holy crap."

Aisaka grins. That was much higher than his record even in his past life. Maybe it was the fact that this world stretches the bounds of realism-- Aisaka can do things commonly considered impossible and ridiculous for someone his age.

This was a world where boundaries and physical limits could go to hell, apparently.

Aisaka loves this place more and more each day. There was very little chaining him down. He gained fame after the Summer Tournament as a super rookie of sorts, and so did the rest of his first-year pals.

Though, the exaggerated term of Generation of Miracles had yet to become known.

-

"Ah, am I late? There's no free spot to use," Aisaka realizes that the gym is packed. It was free training time, and most people opted to stay a little later now in preparation for the Winter Cup.

"You could try the third gym, the third stringers are already done with their training," a senior suggests, "if you stay here we'll all just get in your way, anyways."

"Aomine went there already, didn't he?" another says.

Aisaka jumps, "so that's where he ran off to!" he realizes, "oh, Tetsuya might be there already."

"Don't go, Aisaka, it's haunted!"

"It's the ghost of a boy that lost his life in a freak incident and--"

"--now he plays basketball when no one is around because he's practicing and never got to play because of the cruel three string systems--"

"--and when he sees a starter player he might kill you to take your spot cause he's jealous!!"