25.

In the first spring of Kuroko's junior high school life, he held hands with Aisaka and they began their journey together.

In the second spring of Kuroko's junior high school life, he steps into the gates with Aomine and Momoi, and there they began to rise.

Something will always feel like it's missing, but maybe eventually, everything will come together again, like they were supposed to be.

"Because we're miracles, huh," Kuroko whispers to himself. He's lightheaded, leaning seated against the wall and catching his breath beside the bench.

"Hm? Oh, Saka-chin always said that, didn't he?"

It's rare that Kuroko is the one to get surprised by someone beside him. Murasakibara may be big, but he's quiet. And Kuroko, in all his exhausted glory, really doesn't register every person aside from 'huge person', 'huge person', and 'huge dark person, probably Aomine-kun'.

Murasakibara has his hair down and sweaty as usual, and Kuroko wonders if Aisaka's usual ponytail would look good on him.

"Did he ever tell us what it meant?" Murasakibara wonders for a moment, then hums in an almost annoyed way, like he's too tired to solve his homework, "on second thought, it sounds like a pain, so nevermind."

Kuroko couldn't help but smile at that. Aomine and Midorima always brushed the phrase off as Aisaka's quirk, while Akashi and Kuroko always tried to find out more of it. Murasakibara, though, simply thought that Aisaka could say whatever he wanted and he couldn't care less about it. It was evident which one Aisaka preferred.

"But Saka-chin's like an esper," Murasakibara's tone slur in exhaustion, and he opens a bag of potato chips to munch on for energy, "he always knows when I need snacks, he always knows what I don't know... and I wonder how he knew that we were going to be called miracles, too."

Something in Kuroko opens up. Something like a sudden, drastic realization.

"Like, he's been using that phrase way before we even met, right?" Murasakibara mumbles, "ah, Kuro-chin, want some?"

Kuroko accepts the miserable potato chip, because he really doesn't compute right now. Because wait one unholy second, did he just find out a clue to the mysteries of the universe?

"Hold on a second, Murasakibara-kun, I need to tell Akashi-kun about this."

"Huh? About the potato chip?"

-

"Akashi-kun, I think Hiroto-kun is a time traveller."

Akashi stares back, blankly.

They're eating lunch, and the entire table freezes dramatically, spoons in the air. Haizaki was about to reach for Kuroko's meatball but even he stops right there because hold up, what?

Akashi swallows his mouthful of noodles.

"Calm down, Kuroko," he says first, chuckling awkwardly at the utter incredulous situation upon him, "what brought this on?"