EXTRA (Soulmate AU)

AN: Hey ho, you don't have to read this if you're not interested, it's got nothing to do with the main story!

I just wrote this as stress relief ya see. This chapter is a fic of a fic lmao, basically a oneshot AU of the story if it was a soulmate setting. This is a mesh of like five different soulmate AUs, including sharing thoughts, sharing pain, first words on wrist, etc. 

And once again I say, this chapter isn't canon to the fic, I just scrounged some ships up and wrote a guilty pleasure wish fulfillment because it's cute and I'm stressed-- in fact, you can read all this as platonic if you're a gen lover like me.

-

Everyone has a soulmate or two, or three. Half of them are usually platonic, a few of them would give you a bond that transcends anything else, but only one of them is the one you'll love forever.

Aisaka finds himself reincarnated in an anime.

A fucking basketball anime because the world likes to laugh at him. After a mad game of midnight basketball, tearful reunions with dad, a shower and a haircut, he looks for his soul markings, which, thankfully in this world, are also on his right wrist.

And lord almighty, there's like, five. Or six.

"This defeats the entire purpose of having soulmates," he mutters to himself, reading through the lines of the first important things his soulmates would say to him. Something not quite life-changing, but definitely what marks the beginning of their relationship, may it be fast friendships, immediate enemies, or love at second sight.

You can shoot three-pointers? Teach me.

Hey, you. Wanna play a one-on-one?

Oh crap, he's kinda cute.

Huh? Hundred-eighty-six. Why?

I've heard a lot about you, too. Heard you jump like a fairy.

Hey, you'll catch a cold!

Half of those probably have something to do with basketball. Makes sense.

The fifth one, in particular, sounds awfully antagonistic. Aisaka was either going to hate the heck out of this brat or he's going to smother them with so much affection, they'll start to hate him. Either way, he hopes that one's a platonic one.

Six of them, huh... Seven in a bond, including himself.

Like a rainbow, if his knowledge of this anime is right. He hopes it really isn't them-- if there was one thing he knew about this story, it was that everyone was apparently an asshole, except the main character, who was the emotionless asshole. Generally, all absolute assholes.

His hair was indigo, too. It would fit-- but okay, maybe he won't think about it yet.

Suddenly being in a new world and suddenly needing to find new soulmates really isn't really good for his mental health. Actually, he's almost embarrassed at the thought of it.

He's only cared for himself thus far-- the old Hiroto, that is. He was so depressed, so sad-- Aisaka finds a line of scars on his left wrist and knows exactly what that implies-- he wonders, no, he knows that his soulmates would have seen them too.