getting to know everyone...again

once you were acquainted with everyone, you sat with them at the table while bucciarati and abbacchio left, assumingly to talk about you. hopefully you hadn't gotten abbacchio into any kind of trouble as that was far from your intentions.

"oi y/n! come with me i'll show you to your room." narancia beamed, he was excited for a new member to be joining again and especially a girl. you nodded to the energetic boy and followed him through the mansion, he asked you questions about your life before all this and you answered honestly but still tried to make it fit with the fact that you were supposed to be the dead police officers sister.

he lead you to a guest room, it was two doors down from abbacchio's room which you thought was a good thing in case you ever needed someone to talk to about everything, cause honestly on the inside you were kind of freaking the hell out. you genuinely couldn't wrap your head around the fact you'd actually travelled back in time to a point where you could fix everything, it felt too good to be true and it was an opportunity you weren't going to waste.

narancia showed you where the bathrooms were and gave you some towels and essentials, he showed you that there were some spare clothes in the guest room drawers, but you were welcome to put your own stuff in there if you wanted to. after a while of narancia talking he invited you to sit with him and you accepted, you sat together in a weird silence for a while before narancia asked you something you never thought he would.

"so y/n, do you blame abbacchio for what happened to your brother?" he seemed so oblivious to what he'd actually asked you, his voice still happy seeming. you weren't sure how to approach this subject at all, you quickly thought about the story giorno had told you, when abbacchio was checking out a call from some place that had been broken into. how he'd hesitated and his partner ended up being the one who took the bullet instead of him.

"no," you breathed out trying to hide the guilt you felt for abbacchio. "no i don't blame him, my brother was doing his job, he saved his life for a reason and abbacchio shouldn't carry that as a burden." you nodded and narancia huffed.

"you seem so wise y/n, fugo and the others are so mean to me because i'm not smart." his face contorted in sadness as he spoke, you shook your head and held his shoulders.

"you are smart narancia, if you weren't vital to the team you wouldn't be here, always remember that." the words poured out of your mouth and you meant everything you said, you'd always admired narancia the most. you hated seeing him this down, especially when you knew how brave and amazing he would become. his face seemed to light up, his goofy smile only made you smile too.

"besides, maybe i could help fugo tutor you?" you patted at the boys head and his expression changed completely.

"oh i don't know about that y/n, fugo's pretty bossy ya know."

"hmmm, is he now..." you laughed, you liked narancia he was too pure and sweet. you liked how funny he was without trying and really enjoyed his company, even if sometimes he asked awkward questions but that wasn't his fault.

* third person pov *

when bucciarati has finished briefing abbacchio on y/n, abbacchio headed immediately to find her and explain to her what the plan would be from now on and how she was welcome to stay with them as long as she needed. he huffed as he searched the halls and rooms for y/n and narancia until he finally heard narancia's loud, obnoxious voice echoing in the distance.

abbacchio listened inventively to y/n and narancia's conversation, his body jerked suddenly when he heard narancia bring up his partner and the aching pain came. he blamed himself for everything, he drank himself almost to death with all the grief and trauma he'd held onto since that night and if it wasn't for bucciarati he might have succeeded in drinking his life away.