Chapter 2

It had been an hour since the one known as 'Steven' had called the other two,known as 'Lapis' and 'Peridot'. Despite being scared and confused,you had to admit,you were kind of excited to meet them. Who knew,maybe they were the ones you were made to entertain? Mayb—

*knock!**knock!*knock!*

"I'll get it!" Yelled Steven from upstairs,rushing down to answer. "Hey guys! i'm so glad you could make it!" He greeted, and in walked two gems; a short green haired gem with diamond shaped hair and a visor,her gem located on her forehead. The other was a pretty blue gem who was taller than yourself with a blue dress that had a blue ribbon tied in the back. She had short blue hair similar to Pearl's hair, only with more flow.
"So,where's this mystery gem you told us about?"questioned Peridot. "Oh, she's right over there. She's still kinda shy" Steven pointed in your direction, where you were hiding behind the kitchen counter.

"Oh my stars, is that what I think it is?!" Peridot's eyes lit up as she ran over. She knelt down to your height and pulled at your hair, examining your gem and clothes, her eyes lighting up with excitement."Steven, you found a Tanzanite?! These gems used to be all over! Tanzanites were a great source of entertainment! there's hardly any left now. No one really knows what happened to them, but I suppose you can still find them in some areas if you look patiently."
"She looks so small and silly. Perfect for the role Tanzanites served during that time." commented Lapis. You weren't sure why, but you found yourself really drawn in by her calm nature and soft voice. Maybe it was because she's the one you're supposed to serve? Perhaps you should ask her?

"So, this is the gem you would like us to work with?well, hello! I'm Peridot!" She held out her hand with a warm smile. You just kinda looked at it and wrapped your arms around your knees a little tighter,nervously. Peridot softly laughed,"haha,did I scare you?" She asked,trying to break the tension. You didn't really respond. "You,uh, don't talk much, do you?" She asked, trying anything to get you to say, well.. Anything! You looked up at her and Lapis and decided now you had to get this off your mind.

"U-uhm.. A-are you two the one's i-i'm supposed to serve..?" You nervously asked. They both just looked at you in shock,then they started laughing hysterically, earning a confused look from you.
"Ah ha ha ha ha!!! 'Supposed to serve'? How clueless!it's quite funny, really!" Spoke Peridot,now in tears from laughing so hard.
"It's really quite cute how clueless she is." Agreed Lapis, still laughing a little. Then, finally, they calmed down and Peridot placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Alright, Tanzanite. I know this may come off as confusing, but things are different now. You're free to be who you want to be and do what you want. You don't have to entertain anyone anymore. It's okay. You don't need to serve any of us." she explained. "What? D-don't be ridiculous.. s-surely I was made for one of you?"
"Originally, yes. But that was then. Things are different now." she explained, making an attempt to clear up your confusions.

"Now," Peridot started, "there's something off about this Tanzanite. Could you please stand up with us?" She asked, holding her hand out. You looked at her and hesitantly took her hand as she helped you up.

"Ah ha!" She exclaimed excitedly, realizing she was right. "There is something off about this Tanzanite! she's a defect!"
"I am..?"
"Yes. You see, Tanzanite's are made to be a little taller than your height and have a more silly, outgoing behavior. In your case, your height reaches just below Lapis's shoulders and you're more shy and quiet," She commented, "It's not really a bad thing, though. Besides being short and shy, you should be capable of everything else expected of a Tanzanite, like jokes, and fusing." She went on. You didn't know why, but hearing her talk about fusing made your chest hurt, like the thought of fusing, for some reason, made you feel ashamed of yourself.

"Uh, Peri? I think you're fusing talk is making her uneasy" Said Lapis,noticing your sudden uneasy expression and body language.
"Why? It's just fusing. If only we had another Tanzanite here, then you could fuse with them."
"Couldn't she just fuse with one of us?" Asked Steven. "Well she could, but Tanzanites are made to fuse with other Tanzanites. They are capable of fusing with different gems, but it's likely they would feel uncomfortable with it because they're used to fusing with each other." Peridot explained.

"Hey, Tanzanite! You should show us your fusing act!" encouraged Amethyst,wanting to see what kind of fusion you would make.
"I-I, um, I could t-try.." "great! so who should fuse with her first?"
"Amethyst, she can't fuse with any of us. She was always uncomfortable with fusing." Explained Garnet, recalling how anytime she asked you about it you immediately changed the topic, not wanting to talk about your incapability to fuse.
"Yeah, but she doesn't remember any of that, remember? maybe she'll be okay with it now." She argued.

"Maybe I should fuse with her first? But,only if she wants to." suggested Lapis. "So.. dDo you want to fuse with me?" She asked, taking your hands in hers. You felt your cheeks heat up as you met her eyes,a warm smile across her face. God, why does this one gem make you feel so.. Odd? Confused? You just couldn't understand it, this odd feeling you got from her. Pushing your confusions aside, you gave a nod, along with a small smile.

"Waaiiitt!!!" Yelled steven, "you guys need music first!!" He exclaimed, grabbing his ukulele. "Okay, now they can begin!" He said, sitting bak down on the couch as he began playing a lovely song on the ukulele (Steven's song: https://youtu.be/Xx1LrJnpsKg)

Dancing along to the music, Lapis guided you throughout the dance with each step, looking down into your gaze sweetly. Then, she pulled you in, closing the space between you two, then she pulled apart and lifted your hand above the two of you, twirling you as your skirt spun with you. You two could feel yourselves begin to fuse, but.. It stopped. Then, you both fell onto the ground apart from each other.

"Huh..?" Lapis groaned,looking up in confusion.
"I-i-i'm sorry.. I-I don't know what happened." You profusely apologized.
"That's okay. You must have a harder time fusing than most gems. Here, let me help you up," She got up and walked over to you, holding her hand out as you took it, getting up and almost clumsily falling into the taller girl as she caught you. "You okay?" She asked, looking at you with worry.
"Y-yeah.."