Chapter 9

(WARNING!!!THIS CHAPTER IS EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL!!!)
////////////////////////////////////////////////

The morning was relatively calm and quiet compared to yesterday. The Crystal Gems left early this morning,but you weren't sure what for. Although you supposed it didn't matter all that much. Sure,you had been a Crystal Gem in the past,but it was alright. You had mainly just been sitting near the window,wondering if Pearl was okay. Wondering if Lapis would ever come back. The two people you cared about more than anything,and you had no idea where either of them were and if they were okay. Lapis had yet to return,and Pearl never came home after yesterday.

You still felt awful about Pearl. It was your fault she was hurting. She fell in love with you like she did Rose and didn't know how to handle her feelings. How to handle the feeling of rejection.

You decided to try and take your mind off of it and laid down on the couch,still glancing out the window. You decided to rest your eyes,letting them flutter shut. Maybe all you needed was some rest..

Well,that wasn't happening anytime soon. You immediately jumped up at the sound of the door slamming open. It wasn't a argument,but rather stress over Pearl. "Ugh,we still can't find her!" Amethyst shouted,clearly stressed as she paced the room. "Amethyst,i'm sure we'll find he—" "we don't even know why she left!" "U-uhm..I-I think I know.." "you do?!well don't just sit there,tell us!!" She rushed. "S-she told me she would be back after she had some time to think..s-she and I fused into Kunzite and got into a sensitive argument..she wanted to fuse with me forever and when I said no,she..well..she snapped and called me Rose.." "ugghhh,well isn't that great.." she groaned,heading for her room.

Steven gave you a worried look that read 'are you okay?' to which you gave a reassuring smile. "I'm gonna go see if Connie has any ideas" he left,taking Lion with him. You groaned and fell onto the couch next to Garnet. "I just don't get it,Garnet.." "don't get what?" She asked,her voice ever so calming. "Fusion..I get that it's a type of relationship,but that's just a whole other thing I don't understand..I don't even know what a relationship is supposed to be like..maybe that's why I could never fuse before..i'm just not meant for that kind of thing.." you vented.

"Tanzanite," she began, "in order to understand a fusion,you have to feel comfortable with it. Trusting,agreeing,and happy. You'll never successfully fuse until you can trust and agree with the one your fusing with. Fusion is more than just a relationship,it's a feeling of comfort and happiness. Take for example,me. What do you see in me?" "Well..I see joy. You both are happy,even when you don't get along." "Exactly." "But..I don't get it..that's how me and Pearl felt,yet.." "she wasn't the one for you to form a relationship with like Ruby and Sapphire. You have a friendship,but the love there is one sided. She loves you,but you don't feel the same for her. And it's going to hurt for you and Pearl. She's going to feel heartbroken,and you're going to feel guilt for making her feel that way,but relationships won't always go like we may want them to" "I..I think I get it..thank you.." you thanked. She simply smiled in response.

(Later..)
you sat outside criss crossed as you stared across the beach,watching the sunset as the waters reflected it,creating a beautiful image. You really did hope Lapis was okay. All you wanted was to see her again,hear her happy laugh and see her and Peridot hanging out again,like they always did before she left. All you really wanted was the chance to see her again. There were a lot of people you wish you could've seen again..

You walked into the beach and laid in the water,letting it calm you. Then,you heard something. You knew that voice,it was—

"T-T-Tanzanite!!" Peridot screamed,running towards you. "Oh,hey Peri. You seem a little scared. A-are you okay?" You asked. That was odd. She was holding her hand over her forehead. "P-please..h-help me..i-i'm scared.." "wait,wait,wait. Peri,you have to tell me what's wrong.". She gave you a nervous look and lifted her hand,revealing a cracked gem.

"P-Peridot!!!wh-what happened?!" "I-I was trying to get Pumpkin..s-she took off and I-I jumped after her and I landed on the ground too hard.." "Peridot.." you sighed, "c-c'mon,m-maybe Steven has his mom's healing powers.."
You took her by the hand and helped her get up. "Can you walk on your own okay?" "I-I think so..". As she started to walk,she fell over in pain,a piece of her gem chipping off. She screamed in pain as her left leg disappeared. "P-Peridot!!y-your gem is falling apart!!" You ran over and knelt down,picking her up bridal style and picking up the gem. "P-Please help me.." she whimpered. You held her tight as you ran back to the beach house,nearly busting the door down. "G-guys!!!i-it's an emergency!!!g-guys..?!"

Empty. The beach house was empty. Of all the times no one could've been home,it had to be now. You set her on the couch. "H-here,m-maybe if we.." you tried to place the gem piece back into her gem,only for nothing to happen,the gem falling out again." "H-hold your hand over your gem so no more pieces fall out!" You instructed,panicking as you set the gem aside. "I-i'm not gonna make it.." "d-don't say that!!y-you're going to be okay!!" You hugged her tight. "Please get back soon,guys.." you quietly mumbled,tears pricking at your eyes as you held the gem tightly,not wanting to let go in fear that you would lose her..

A/N:[Heya,everyone!sorry for the upsetting chapter. What do you think will happen next?comment below your thoughts on what you think will happen! Byyeeee!! ]