You cant control your fit

Dib's plan appeared to be working; he ignored Zim and Zim ignored him.
They hadn't been communicating. Skool became more boring without the other's company, and Dib became increasingly worried when Zim didn't come to school for a week straight. The human contemplated checking on the alien, wondering if he was working on some plan behind his back- but he would always convince himself not to follow up with the idea.
Zim reappeared the next week looking disheveled. His black wig was messy, his contact covered eyes looked occupied; always seeming to be lost in his own head.
Dib couldn't keep his eyes off the smaller creature. The sight of the stressed-looking alien was so strange to him, and a strong bang of guilt waved through him at the thought that maybe he was the one who caused this. Maybe the fact that he was leaving Zim alone was harming him? It seemed odd to Dib, and he knew that's not the only thing that may be causing so much distress.
What could have Zim be doing that whole week he was absent? What has made Zim so...gloomy?

After a discussion with himself, Dib made up his mind and decided that he'll approach Zim after school.
Classes went by too slowly, they seemed longer than usual with the fact that Dib was so impatient for the school day to end.
Eventually the bell rang, and once again the students ran out the door and reunited  with their friends. Gaz left along with her group of friends to the mall to buy some video games they've been waiting on to be released, and Dib got the weird lonely feeling again.
The sky was gloomy, dark clouds slowly taking over the sky. It looked like it was going to rain...Dib mentally noted this, knowing that rain was basically acid to Zim.
Eyes glanced and roamed around the crowd of students outside, trying to spot a familiar green student. Walking around, he began wondering if Zim had gone home already. He usually stayed a little while after school, at least that's what Dib had noticed. To do what? He doesn't know.
He finally spotted the short alien, but he hesitates to confront him.
What is he supposed to say?
Dib stopped abruptly on his tracks.
What IS he supposed to say?

"Oh yeah I noticed you were acting odd and like I know I told you I wasn't gonna be like talking to you or anything but I'm worried you're gonna try to destroy earth even tho I said I was gonna stop trying to stop you"

Dib face palmed, that sounds so stupid!
He continued keeping his eyes stuck on the alien, not really looking at him but more spaced out than anything. He scrunched up his face in thought, not knowing what exactly he wants to say and how to word it.
Slowly he was brought back to reality when he felt small droplets of water fall on him; rain.
He let out a small gasp at the cold water hitting his skin, and then snapped his eyes towards the alien to discover that he was no longer there.
He did though see some kind of track of smoke disappearing slowly from behind the building of the hi-skool, where the roof edge was long enough to cover up from the rain.
Dib ran to the spot, hearing familiar hisses coming from behind the wall. He made it to the corner and peeked his head to not be seen, just enough to be able to have a good view of Zim.
Zim was sitting on the floor staring down at his arm that seemed to be harmed from the rain. The irken grumbled angrily and irritably while palming his cheek that also got harmed.
"Stupid earth rain...this is all Dib's fault..."

"What-? How's this my fault?"
Dib said back impulsively, feeling defensive and a slight bit angry at the fact that the alien was blaming him for the weather.
Zim's head whipped up fast to make eye contact with Dib, startled and surprised that the boy was there.
"Dib!? Why are you here!?"

"I go here, idiot! This is skool after all"

Zim got on his feet in a flash, looking shocked and ready to attack. Dib shut his eyes tight, getting ready to have Zim yell about how dumb Dib was, about how he'll destroy every human and whatnot.
It didn't come though.
He looked back at him and was washed with confusion and concern.
Zim was slouching, looking hard at the green grass under them with saddening yet furious eyes. His hands were clenched into tight fists, that soon released and dangled limply next to his sides. A scowl turned into a frown.