Valentine

Zim closed the front door after walking out from his house. Sighing, he unconsciously frowned. Ever since last Friday, Dib has been acting odd.
It's already Friday again and Zim hasn't seen the other boy eat at all.
It's strange, how come when they hung out at the theaters and at his house the other week Dib ate without even thinking about it-?
Why was Dib avoiding food...?

And because of that worry, he decided to try something out.
According to his computer, today was Valentine's Day. Zim learned that this day is full of "love". People show their love on this day by giving each other "roses", taking them out on "dates", buying them "stuffed animals", and giving them "sweets".
The last part caught Zim's attention-
maybe he could try to trick Dib into eating by giving him sweets as a valentine gift?? He couldn't deny it! It's Valentine's Day, he HAS to eat them!

So, because of this news, Zim went to stock on some candy and pastries last night. Gir helped out, since he apparently knows what "Mary" likes.

A box full of cinnamon rolls, a packaged slice of strawberry cake, and a small heart shaped box filled with various small chocolates were currently inside a bag that was being carried by Zim.
Zim didn't want to buy the chocolates, feeling as if it was just too much- the heart shaped box didn't help. But Gir insisted, saying that "Mary" would adore them.

So now he walked to skool, bag filled with sweets hanging from his hand. He was a little surprised to see just how many people at skool were holding their own sweets and flowers. Even balloons! Zim didn't expect to see nearly everyone participating, but now that he sees this he feels a little less worried about the heart shaped box the chocolates came in.
Hopefully Dib likes them. If he doesn't then Zim will make him like them! How? He doesn't know. But he really wants him to accept his gifts.

"Hey Zim! How are- oh..? Whatcha got there?"
Zim jumped a little from surprise. He really needs to stop spacing out like that.
He looked up at Dib and smiled, "you'll see soon, Dib!! During lunch!"

Dib smiled curiously, "heh alright then- it better not be some sort of trick."
Zim shook his head, "no, don't worry. Nothing bad will happen. Especially not to you"
Dib chuckled and looked over at the students around them, "as long as it isn't something cheesy like roses and valentine cards I'm sure it's good"

Zim's smiles dropped quickly. Shit.
As soon as he noticed that Dib was starting to look confused by Zim's sudden look of anxiety, Zim faked a huge smile.
"Right! Ha! Yeah...cheesy!! So cheesy!! Haha!! Ooo no Zim would never! Haha! Ha..ha-"
Dib's eyes brows furrowed, definitely catching Zim's fake laughter.
"Did..."

Zim's heart started beating quickly.
Don't ask don't ask.

"Did you..."

STOP-

"Did you get someone a valentines gift...? I- who's is it...?"

"UHHH- NO!! I MEAN- uhhh...Yes!? Yes! I-It's no one you know of!!"
Zim didn't know what the fuck he was saying. Panic mode was on, and he was trying his best to hide behind the truth. Which was always a struggle with Zim, he was a bad liar.
Luckily Dib seemed to believe him.

Dib was too caught up feeling a tinge of hurt and what he hoped was not jealousy to notice Zim's obvious panic. Who could Zim possibly want to be his valentine...? Was it some girl at school..? A boy...?
Shaking his head lightly, Dib faked a small smile, "oh, that's cool...I hope whoever you're giving them to likes it."

Zim hoped they did.

(Short chapter but whatevs!!
Also poor Dib he's jealous he thinks his mans is going for someone else 😔😔😔 LMAO)