Gaz is all of us

Valentine's Day passed by forever ago, and yet it clung to Dib's mind. He remembers the feeling of his heart clenching when he spilled out his embarrassing insecurities to Zim, and how accepting he was about it. How oddly soft and gentle the alien treated him.

It messed with his mind.
Even more so was the fact that he was beginning to pick up an interest once again for the paranormal- he has been having dreams of spaceships and galaxies and Zim taking him on missions. It was quiet embarrassing to say the least, but he was incredibly intrigued by these thoughts.
He gradually began to drop the subject of jobs and being "normal". Zim didn't seem to notice this, unless he was pretending not to. Gaz on the other hand has been weirdly nosy about such things, randomly asking him if he got a job or if he was going to stick with- as she labels it- his "green boyfriend".

And yknow, as much as he denied it to her, he thought he would rather stick with Zim.

So this is when he realized, and accepted, that he may actually have a crush on the alien. He attempted to hide this, but of course his feelings slipped once in a while into his actions and words.

"Ha! You suck at this, Zim!"
Dib yelled over gleefully at the shorter male who was currently sitting on his bed. They began getting closer, and that meant they also hung out more often- even going over to each other's houses just to have someone to talk to.
Zim huffed and threw the controller on the side of the bed, "shut up, Dib-! I don't have much experience with these "video games" as you do!"
Zim snarled out with frustration when Dib began laughing at his defeat.
To Dib's surprise, the alien's scowl slowly became a huge smile and he began barking out his own laughter.
After their laughing fit, they caught their breathes and layed back on the bed. Their hands were only an inch apart.

Zim would usually be trying to keep his distance, but over time he's figured that he didn't mind closeness from the geeky boy. But over thinking about their closeness began making the alien nervous.
He has seen enough romance movies to understand the situation and his feelings that have grown towards the boy. He tried his best to ignore them, but it always failed.
Dib seemed to notice their closeness as well, because he soon laughed awkwardly and sat up with a dust of pink on his cheeks, "ha, you're pretty awful at video games, Zim"
Zim was still laying down, his mind elsewhere. What is he supposed to do about these emotions? Irkens dont usually feel this way. Was it normal? Was it something that he inherited from being "defective"? It ate inside of him, and he hated how lost he felt.
Dib noticed the lack of response and frowned, "Zim? ...you okay?"

Zim blinked back into reality and looked down at his gloved hand- why did he want to hold Dib's hand so bad? "Uh- yeah- I'm just thinking- You wouldn't understand, Dib-stink"
Dib furrowed his eyebrows, "what do you mean? You don't know that"

Zim grimaced. He was sure that Dib didn't feel the same, why would he feel that way for Zim? An alien? Someone who's been so destructive?
Zim sat up now, crossing his arms and curling into himself, "pft, I do know. It's stupid, Dib. It's so stupid that I feel stupid about it. And zim isn't stupid!"

Dib was determined to find out what was making the alien struggle. He frowned, "Zim, cmon. You can tell me anything- I mean, I opened up to you and things went fine! And that's saying something because I opened up to YOU- I'm surprised you didn't like, make fun of me or something. But that's not the point- I'm trying to say that I'll try help you. No matter how dumb it is"

Silence took over the room after Dib's response, and Zim was beginning to feel trapped. What was he supposed to say?? Zim's lips became a straight and tight line as he stared off to space. Gah!!! He felt like he was about to explode.
Dib was about to reach out to place a hand comfortably on Zim's tense shoulder until Zim decided to let out a yell.
Dib yelped in surprise and backed away, "w-whAT TH-"
He was cut off when Zim grabbed a hold of both his shoulders and got a few centimeters away from his face, staring wildly at his eyes.
"I LIKE YOU, DIB STINK. LIKE, MORE THAN LIKE. I LIKE YOUR STUPID FACE AND YOUR STUPID OBSESSION WITH SPACE IT MAKES ME FEEL WARM AGHH STUPID HUMAN WORM"

Dib stared at the alien with giant, shocked eyes. Holy fuck.
Zim didn't move a muscle, too shocked by himself to do anything. They both kept eye contact, waiting for the other to react.

And they did so.
Dib quickly latched onto Zim's lips with his own, a surprised gasp escaping the green boy's lips.

They kissed for what seemed like a good few seconds before they heard the door open.

"I fucking knew it", Gaz said and walked away.

(A/N: I FINALLY FINISHED THIS- this is the first chapter story I've ever finished omg. Pls tell me what you thought of it !!!)