24 Hours Can Change A Lot Of Things

Word count: 575 words

A/N: For this one shot I was thinking about making a part 2. Tell me what do you think about it.
For any request contact me.
Enjoy!

___________________________________

Like everyday since when I moved to LA, I was looking for some information that could help my boss, Chloe Decker, with the case she was working on.

I was busy typing on my computer when someone tall showed up, covering a window that shed light on my desk. I groaned frustrated because without light I couldn't continue my work.

While standing up I said "Could you please move? I can't see anything" but when I looked up I found myself in front of Lucifer Morningstar, my boss handsome partner.

"Sorry Y/N, it wasn't my intention to bother you. I was just thinking that you need a break, you've been working hard at this case"

"Well, it is unsaid you're bothering me. Don't worry, I just finished" I said with challenge tone.
While walking to Chloe desk I added "Unlike you, I love my job and I don’t mind not taking a break".

Ignoring what Lucifer was saying, Chloe noticed me on the other side of her desk.

"Hey Y/N! Is everything okay? You were able to silence Lucifer! No one ever succeeded"
"Hey, yea everything is okay. Well, I just gave him what he deserves" I answered with proud voice, causing us both to laugh.

"I was wondering, did you find anything to help me with this case?"
"Yes, I came here exactly to give you this folder. Inside you'll find some useful information about your first suspect"
"Thank you! Later me and Lucifer need to talk to you" she said with serious tone.

"Oh.. I did something wrong?" I answered panicked.
"Yes my dear. You have to worry" said Lucifer a few inches from my hear.
"No! Don't worry Y/N. LUCIFER GO AWAY!" Chloe screamed.
While laughing I said "Okay, see you later then".

-----------------------------------------------------------

Later that day, around 5 p.m., I was about to go home when Chloe called me. I stopped walking towards my car and I turned.

-The moment has come- i thought

"Listen.. Lucifer and me spoke about it a lot. We decided that.." my boss started speaking, but her voice was trembling.

In that moment I realized what she was goings to say, she was firing me. My eyes got wider and my breath stoppes.

"I think you should go to the point. In my opinion she's panicking" said Lucifer, pointing his forefinger at me.

"Hey hey Y/N, we're not firing you, if that's what you're thinking. What I was about to say, is that we decided that from tomorrow, you'll work with us on the cases. I mean, you're not staying in your office anymore, you'll come with us, everywhere we go, crime scene, interview" said Chloe smiling.

As soon as I realized what she had told me, my anxious expression turned into the happiness made person.

"We need to celebrate you joining our team!" Lucifer said with a sparkle of joy in his eyes.
"I have to admit you're right. We can arrange a double date. Me and Dan, Lucifer and Y/N" said Chloe enthusiastic.

"That is a wonderful idea but you and Dan were divor-"
"No, we're back together. I should've told you before but with all these recent cases I totally forgot" she said with happy voice.

"Oh that's great. Then see you at Lux around 9 p.m." I suggested.

As they agreed, I entered my car and, with a smiley face, I drove home toget ready for the night.