Loneliness

Word Count: 696
Author Note: how are you?
I'm so sorry for this long absence but I was sick and busy with university. Here I am with a new chapter.
Enjoy!
_______________________________________________
I was silenty walking toward the exit of the LAPD when someone hit my shoulder. I apologised for what occured but what I got back was a middle-aged man screaming at me things like "You don't have respect for elders" or "Watch where you're walking".

I left him talking at himself and I started walking faster to the exit. My fragile ego became more unsteady when that man spoke to me. The only thing in my head was the sentence "You're not supposed to be here" told by my boss just 30 minutes before that awkward meeting.

Luckily I arrived at my little apartment quickly. I was about to drink a cup of tea, like every day after work, when my phone started vibrating. I answered the phone call without minding who was calling me.

"Hello Y/N, I'm Lucifer. I saw you leaving earlier this afternoon. Why?"

"H-Hi Lucifer. You're right today I left earlier. It's because Pierce fired me with a simple but effective sentence" I said while trying to not cry.

"Bloody hell. What did he told you?" he said with almost worried voice.

"There's no reason for you to get angry with him, he just told me that I wasn't supposed to work in the LAPD" I said while a tear went down my face.

"You're wrong Y/N. It will be a pleasure for me to go have a conversation with him" He said while I was thinking about his face with his devilish smile on.

"Please Lucifer don't make things worse" I told him.

Unfortunately I failed to resist. I started crying and when he heard it, he started asking things. I immediately closed the phone call and ran to my bedroom. I was feeling so pathetic.

Two hours later, someone started knocking on my door. I got out of bed and walked to the door. When I opened it I found him.
One hand on the doorframe and the other hand was holding some black roses, my favourite flower, and a bottle of Italian red wine.

"Hi darling. I come from LAPD, where I just had a fantastic conversation with your boss. Everything it's arranged, you're still an agent of the LAPD" he said while closing my apartment's door behind his back, with that amazing smile on his divine face (lol, divine face on the devil).

"Thank you Lucifer, I own you a favor" I said while putting the roses in a vase.
Then, I grabbed two glasses and I reached him on my sofa.

When he poured some wine in both our glasses, we started savouring that amazing wine while chatting like nothing happened. While our conversation went on, I figured out it was 7pm.

"Lucifer, as it's 7pm, I'd li-" I was about to ask him out for dinner when he interrupted me.
"Yes, I'd like to have dinner with you Y/N" he said while smiling and getting closer to my body. It is unsaid that my cheeks started turning red.

"G-great. What would you like to eat?" I said while standing up and walking to the kitchen. I picked up my phone and opened Glovo.

"Darling put that phone down. I'll cook for you" he said while rolling his sleeves up. "All you have to do is sit here and relax, you had a really tought day" he added while looking for the right ingredients.

20 minutes later Lucifer and I were eating our delicious homemade dinner while watching "Friends". Suddenly I realized one thing.

Every time I'm with Lucifer, those voices that used to hunt my head were gone. Since when Lucifer entered my apartment, those voices were gone. With them, the sense of loneliness I was used to feel everyday disappeared.

"Y/N, you heard what I said?" Lucifer asked worried.
"Yes Lucy, don't worry. I just figured out that when I'm with you the voices in my head and my loneliness disappear"