Guardian

Word Count: 845

Author Note: I know it's long but in my opinion, it's definitely worth it. Let me know with a comment and a vote what you think about it. Also, thank you for the almost 7k readers!

Enjoy!

Idea from: warrior_princess2337

___________________________________________________________

I met Lucifer almost four years ago, after my boyfriend broke up with me. I was about to leave because the Lux was closing but when he saw me trying not to cry, he invited me to have a talk with me.

"I think you need someone to talk with darling" was the first thing he told me after gently grabbing my left arm.

"Please Mister Morningstar, I'm not in the mood for a night of fun" I said, frustrated.

"What I'm saying it's weird even for me, but I don't want to have sex with you. I just want to help you, you seem so heartbroken and lost" he said, while lifting my chin up with two fingers.

"Oh... I'm Y/N" I said while holding out my hand to him.

During that night I had a very deep and serious conversation with him, and we acknowledged that we had a lot in common. This is how our friendship started.

*4 years later*

Every year, the 8th June, we have a special event that we call "Anniversary night". During this night we have a private dinner, just me and Lucifer, to celebrate our long friendship and after that we play with my PS4 in my little apartment. It can sound stupid, but this is how we like to celebrate.

I was checking myself in the mirror when I heard Lucifer entering my apartment with his copy of the keys.

"Y/N are you ready, my darling?"

"Yes Lucifer, here I am" I said while closing my bedroom's door behind me. I put on a long and black dress with a side slit up to my right knee.

"Wow... everyone will look at you" he said while we were walking to his car. Before starting his car, he locked his eyes with mine and in that moment I saw a sparkle in his dark eyes.

I've never saw Lucifer giving me that gaze - I thought.

"Mmh... we should go Lucifer" I said while looking away, trying not to show him my red cheeks.

After 10 minutes, the waiter was leading us to our table. It was a round table placed on the terrace of the restaurant. The view was breath-taking.

We were consuming the main dish of our dinner when someone opened a door and screamed "Hands up, this is going to be your last day on earth" he said.

As he ended the sentence, he started shooting on every single member of the staff. Then he walked to us, he was pointing his gun to me.

We he removed his balaclava I recognized him; he was my psychopath boyfriend. He was the one who broke up with me, 4 years before. I was confused and scared, but I found the bravery to confront myself with him.

"What do you? After all the pain you caused me? Why you killed all this innocent people" I said while facing him. By doing this, I was between him and Lucifer.

I don't want Lucifer to get hurt, even though he can't. I have to protect him - I though.

"I changed, I'm not the person I was years ago. I'm so sorry. Now, move, I need to get rid of him too. No one will touch you, apart from me" he said while a scary smile appeared on his face.

"You haven't changed. You're still extremely protective and crazy, you need to go into a mental hospital and be cured. You won't touch Lucifer; you'll have to pass on my corpse first" I said angrier than ever.

"Great..." he said before shooting at my chest, where my heart sits.

The last thing I saw was Lucifer showing him his devil face.

*3 hours later*

I woke up inside a white hospital room, with Lucifer talking to the doctor.

"H-how can I be alive?" I said shocked.

I should be dead, he shot me straight to the heart - I thought.

"Y/N it worked. Listen, I know that it can sound crazy but.. I need to tell you something" he said while sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Yes, you must tell me what it's going on Luci" I answered.

"Basically, when I was in heaven, they assigned me the role of guardian angel. When you turned 10, my father told me to be your guardian angel. A few days after that nomination, I escaped from heaven to go to hell.

During those hard times I totally forgot about you but when I arrived here, like a flashback, I remembered about you and I set myself the goal of finding you and keeping you close to me.

I know you can be shocked, that you're alive, but I still have the role of guardian angel, so... after a little call with my father, he allowed me to use the "desire for salvation". It's a special desire that every guardian angel can use just once"

"So, you're the devil but also my guardian angel?" I said, trying not to laugh.

"Don't you dare laugh in front of me" he said, laughing.

"So you used it so save me? Looks like God gave me a second chance" I said while pulling him from his red necktie to passionately kiss him.