chapter 1

The rain was light and beaded up on the glass windows of the coffee shop. The shop was quiet as Kim hit the keys on her laptop. She occasionally checked her phone every few minutes to check the time. She was used to him being late, but that never bugged her any less. Finally, the bells that hung for the door rang alerting everyone that someone had just walked in. Kim glanced up from her laptop, and a smile washed over her face. He spotted her sitting near the back, and made his way over to her. She stood to meet him in an embrace.

 "You always keep me waiting," Kim said playfully pushing him. "I know. I'm sorry. There were fans waiting in the lobby so I signed a few things before heading out", he said as he sat. NRG is a popular musician with his following only becoming larger and larger as the weeks went on. Kim had become his assistant 4 years prior when she stepped in to help her friend whom was a sought after assistant/ tour manager. Melody had always admired Kim's organization skills and knew she could step up to the plate when needed. Melody had called her in to help her for a Warped Tour when her plate was more than full during the tour. Kim and Melody met at UTSA, and hit it off quite well. Melody was studying Business and Kim was pursuing a Master's degree in Biology. Melody had always admired Kim's maturity and attention to details. It was a no brainer to ask her to come out to help her for an event that large when she needed only the best on her team. That's where Kim and NRG met.

NRG, or Gabe as his closest friends knew him as, managed to steal Kim from Melody during Warped Tour 2015. Gabe was quickly rising to fame and saw a lot of good qualities in Kim, and offered her a spot on his team. It took a lot of convincing, but he finally talked her into going on tour with him and his band. Kim had just graduated with her Bachelor's when she had flown out to help with Warped Tour and had already been feeling like she needed a break from being a student. NRG's job offer was a welcome opportunity for her to throw herself into something completely different.

" Ok..... so I know you're gonna freak, but just breathe," he rubbed his temples knowing he was about to drop a bomb on her. "Kells....ummm...MachineGun Kelly hit me up and asked if I would be interested in collabing with him for a tour."

 "Are...you..kidding...me? We JUST wrapped up THIS tour last night. You can't be serious?" she sat looking at him wide-eyed. NRG began to plead with her, "please Kimmy. We can do this. His team would arrange dates and venues and it would only be 4 months. This is perfect for both of us. We both got our next albums done quickly and it would launch us both into promoting our new albums."

 Life on the road was hard on everyone. It's a couple of months of rushing from one city to the next. Living out of a suitcase. Catching flights almost every day...sometimes twice a day. Never getting enough sleep. The endless after parties. The meet & greets. This fast life isn't for everyone, but NRGs team was the best.

" ughhhhhh. Fine. But I will NOT be rooming with Chris anymore. It's Lily or I'm not going," Kim rolled her eyes as Gabe fist punched the air with excitement " ohhhh my god. This is going to be epic." " yeah yeah. Come on. Let's get back to the hotel so we can get the rest of the crew and head to the airport," she muttered as she slipped on her coat while tossing back the rest of her coffee. NRG slipped on his coat too as they walked towards the door ready to walk out into Seattle's chilly morning air.

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  The three weeks leading up to the start of the tour were a whirlwind. Days were jam packed with meetings, discussing logistics with managers, making sure the bus was ready and stocked. Kim and Lily spent hours going over checklists, grocery lists, and discussing meals. Lily is one of NRG's tour managers. Lily and Kim work closely to ensure that Gabe (NRG) is comfortable and doing exactly what he needs to be doing while on tour.

 "I don't even know why we bother so much with planning Gabe's meals. He always ends up just wanting to eat what ever crap the guys are eating," Lily said as she handed groceries to Kim. Kim grabbed jars and produce from her and stocked them into the fridge, "me either. But as soon as we stop he's going to start complaining about not having healthy meals." Lily giggled knowing Kim was right. " So.....have you seen MGK yet?I heard they rolled in this morning," she asked as they shut the fridge door and sat on the couch. Already know where she was going with the conversation, Kim rolled her eyes as she pulled her hair into a high ponytail," No. But I'm also not on the look out for them like you are. Are you gonna keep it in your pants for more than a day ?" Lily tossed a pillow at her " Shut up. Listen, whatever happens happens. Those guys are cuuuuute, and single, and so are we." Kim couldn't help but laugh at how boy crazy Lily was. " Gosh, I have no idea how you have time to be chasing after dudes and still be a boss bitch at your job." Lily shrugged," I don't know. I'm just that good."

Girl talk was interrupted by Kim's phone. She reached in her back pocket and pulled it out. NRG's photo popped up on her screen. She swiped the screen to answer, "yes love?" NRG smiled on the other end responding, " I love when you answer in a good mood. I'm over in the main bus. Sound check starts in 10 minutes and MGK and his crew just arrived. Can you met me out there?" She nudged Lily's leg motioning for them to head out ,"yeah sure. I'll be there in a sec."

She slid the phone back into her pocket as her and Lily stepped off their "crew bus". The girls continued to chat about their dinner plans for later that night as they walked across the parking lot towards the stage. Meanwhile, this behind-the-scenes area was starting to come alive. Sound guys were running around getting their equipment ready. Show promoters spoke amongst themselves. NRG, Chris, Evan, and Luke all filed out of the main bus one after another to meet up with MGK, Slim, Rook, and Baze just outside of their tour bus. ================================================================================I know it's short, but I'm just getting started. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading