Chapter 9

Kim woke up with a slight headache. Two mornings in a row. She HAD to reel in the drinking. Vegas does this shit to people. The morning light was filling the room. She hated herself right now for forgetting to close the curtains last night.

Just then it hit her. Her lady parts were tender, and she was naked. She looked up at the person next to her. Fuuuuuuuuuck. Rook. That's right. She fucked Rook last night. He was still fast asleep with his arm around her. This was gonna be so awkward. What if he totally regretted last night or acted like it was nothing. Maybe it was nothing. She couldn't set her standards high with a musician. She may have just been another notch on his bedpost. Fuck it. She'd find out in a while.

Yuck. The taste of the whisky was still in her mouth. She very lightly lifted Rook's arm and rolled out of bed. She ran to grab a robe to cover up. She got a glimpse of herself in the mirror and she looked like hell. Last nights makeup was still somewhat on, but not in the exact places she had applied it last night. And her hair had seen better days. She quietly went into the bathroom and started brushing her teeth. Her thoughts drifted back to last night. Fuck, it was amazing. Lily was right, she needed to get laid. But she did have feelings for Rook which would complicate things if this turned out to just be a hook up, but she was a big girl. She would live.

 She rinsed her mouth and got to work on washing her face. As she dried her face once she was done, she looked up into the mirror and saw Rook leaning against the door frame. He was standing there looking just as fucking hot as he did in the club last night. He was also fully dressed. Oh boy, here it goes.....Rook stood there for another few seconds looking at her up and down. He was still in disbelief that last night was real. This girl could have anyone, but she bee-lined it for him last night. She had said she didn't want to be with a musician, but her actions last night said differently. Rook wanted her.

"You heading home today?," he still stood at the door frame with his arms crossed. "Uh...no," she stammered, "I'm gonna stay here until I fly out on Tuesday morning." Rook was glad. "Cool...Listen, let's get this awkward shit out of the way. I like you Kimmy. Was last night just a one time thing? Do you wanna pretend like it never happened?," he stood a little straighter. Kim looked down and fumbled with her hands. Rook noticed she did this when she was feeling shy. She looked at him and shook her head. Relief came over him. "Good. Shit, after last night I don't think I can stay away from you," he smiled. She playfully threw her hand towel at him. "Wanna grab some breakfast?," he asked as he walked into her bathroom. "Yeah I'd like that," she smiled thankful that Rook hadn't just snuck out in the middle of the night. "I'm gonna head back to my room so I can get cleaned up. I'll be back at 10," he glanced at his watch. He walked over and stood behind her. He gave her a hug and a kiss on her head before he walked out.

 Kim jumped in the shower and got ready as quickly as she possibly could. Rook would be back soon. She was doing the last walk through of her room. Check out was at 11 a.m. so she would throw her belongings on the bus that was out in the artists parking lot and either check back in with a new reservation or at a new hotel later today. She would have to ask Lily about what they were gonna do. There was a knock on the door. She opened it to let him in. "Oh you packed too? I was gonna toss my stuff in the bus on our way out for breakfast," he slung his bag over his shoulder. "perfect. me too," she giggled. She grabbed her small bag and shopping bags she had accumulated as they made their way down towards the buses._______________________________________________________________________________Rook had suggested a breakfast buffet at the Wynn. Kim was pleasantly surprised at how easy the conversation flowed between them in the car ride over. It was like they had picked back up to when they were spending any second they had free together.

 Rook was on his third plate. He spent most of the time exchanging stories with Kim. She had him cracking up with her crazy stories from the road. All the times she's had to take Gabe to get stitched up for jumping off shit. The time they had taken off to the next city and forgot Chris still had a groupie in his bunk. They had to fly her back to her city. She was wiping tears from her eyes when her phone chimed. "Speaking of Gabe...." She said as she picked up her phone to call him. "Excuse me," she whispered over to Rook that just nodded understanding she still had a job to do.