Chapter 13

Three weeks came and went. The first four days were the toughest. She was glad to be home and have her bed back, but it just wasn't the same. She had gotten used to waking up next to the sweetest man. It's like the rug had been ripped out from under her. They had kept their promise to each other for the most part. Rook always called between 8 and 9 p.m. They spoke for at least an hour before one of them had to hang up. They texted throughout the day, but that one hour was an escape for them. He got to see her facial expressions and reactions to his stories. L.A. was very fast paced, but for that one hour shit was calm. He locked himself away or drive to some random parking lot to see those beautiful brown eyes he missed so much.

 Kim had been having a rough time, but she always tried to hide it as best she could. She didn't want to spend her limited time getting to FaceTime ranting about her issues with Gabe. She wanted to escape from that and hear about Rook's day.The MGK crew was slowly getting into their writing process. Kells had been going out a lot lately, but during the afternoon the band would get together to bounce around ideas. The NRG crew, on the other hand, had hit the ground running. They had already written and wrote music for two songs. They were finishing up another one, and ideas for a few more were being played with for now. They would normally finish a tour and then take a month or two off before heading back into the studio. Due to the success from the last album, studio execs and the record label were putting pressure on them to quickly make another album. Gabe had a huge house in Houston that was "base camp" for the entire team. All the NRG guys and the girls had rooms there. The studio was also in there. Kim believed in having some sort of separation between work and personal life, so while she did some nights use her bedroom at the mansion, she did have a cute town home in a quiet neighborhood in the outskirts of the downtown area.

Everyone was having a tough time dealing with the immense stress and pressure that they were under. Chris and Luke had left the studio pissed at each other the other night because of a disagreement on the instrumentals of one song. There was lots of door slamming that night. Lily And Kim had put a lot of energy into keeping each other grounded. Lily spent some nights over at Kim's place to get away from the heavy energy at the mansion. Gabe was being a huge asshole lately. Kim tried her best to be understanding that he was under a lot of pressure, but some days he was just plain ugly. He had never been that way with her so Kim was taking it pretty hard.

 For the past week, she had cried every day on her way home from the mansion. Gabe and her had always been real close, but lately she felt like she couldn't do anything right. He would complain about every little thing she did. He would ask for certain food to be delivered and then get pissed at what she ordered for him even though he asked for it. She would set out his clothes for him, and he hated the outfit every morning. She wouldn't respond to his texts quick enough for his liking. He had girls over constantly and let them treat her like shit. Sometimes, he even joined in on them making fun of her. Kim was losing her mind.

 A week ago, Kim finally broke down when Rook mentioned that she looked kind of down during one of their FaceTime chats. Rook wanted so bad to just hug her and offer any little piece of comfort that he could. It was times like these that he wishes he could reach through the phone and hold her. She had bottled up all that frustration and let him ramble about stupid shit he did that day. He shook his head seeing big, fat tears roll down her cheeks. Nothing will piss off a man more than seeing someone he cares about this upset and not be able to do something.

____________________________________________________________________

 Lily was driving around in Gabe's G-Wagon. He had sent her out for some errands which she did not mind at all. Anything to get away from that hell hole for a bit. Everyone was ready to beat the shit out of everyone. Funny that just a few weeks ago, everyone loved everyone and they were having a blast on tour. This is the shit that the fans don't see. Other albums had been super fun for the guys to create. This time things were a little different. That's what happens when you work for a major record label and you need to keep up with the high demands and numbers you need to consistently hit to stay on top.