Chapter 21

Authors Note: I know it's been a bit since my last update. I am thinking of dedicating two days a week for updates. Still trying to figure out which days would be best. Thoughts?

Also........Did anyone buy the new Rook shirt?!!!!

As always, thanks for the support. Those Votes and comments inspire me to keep this going.

________________________________________________________________________________

The traffic was insane that morning. Her flight was scheduled to leave in 30 minutes. Luckily, she only had a carry on. They raced through the airport. Her tightened grip on his hand didn't go unnoticed as soon as the TSA security lanes came into view. She threw her bag down and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I hate this part?", she buried her face into his shoulder. "As soon as I get some free time I'll fly you out or I'll go to you. It won't be long," he rubbed her back to reassure her. She felt his hands go to her hips making her remember the light bruises she found on herself in the shower this morning. He had had his way with her last night and twice more this morning. "I should get going," she peeled herself from him still not able to look him in the eye. He said nothing, just pulled her in for a kiss. "I love you."  He smiled, "te amo." She gushed over him speaking Spanish, but that didn't make him miss the glossy look to her eyes. How were they ever going to get used to saying goodbyes in airports? She started to walk towards the line when he pulled her back. "Call me when you land," he said sternly. "Promise," she gave him a final peck and a hug. He stood waiting and watching her until she grabbed her stuff at the other end of the TSA line. She turned her back and wiped her cheek. It felt like a stab to the gut. He hated when she cried.

                                                                                   ***

Fuck. Rook threw himself on his bed. It was almost 4 a.m. The pillows still smelled of her. It scared the shit out of him how much he cared for her. He had told himself that he wouldn't find love. He had achieved fame and that was going to have to be good enough. No one was going to truly love him or care about his well being more than the money, fame, and perks of his life. He had given up on that and kept it a no-strings attached lifestyle up until he had met Kimmy. She was different. He hoped he wouldn't fuck things up.

                                                                                        ***

One month later....

"Shit. Sorry, gotta go," Rook said as he glanced at his phone and realized what time it was. "No worries. See ya tomorrow," Baze said from over his laptop. He was busy at work mixing and saving snippets from their recording session. Rook rushed past Kells and Iann Dior that were trying to do skateboard tricks in the living room. He threw himself on his computer chair as he waited for the call to connect. He couldn't wait to get his mind off this long fucking day. The call connected and he saw those big brown eyes. "Hey hun," she slurred. She was sitting on her knees on her bedroom floor. Her hair was thrown in a messy bun, she was tugging on her dress to cover herself. She had clearly been drinking. He would've been able to tell even if he hadn't seen her Instagram story from earlier that night. Rook laughed, " Ummmm it looks like you had fun tonight." She giggled as she dipped her fries into the ketchup. He had quickly learned that Whataburger was her go-to drunk meal. "What time is it?" "It's 1 my time, and 3 your time," he explained. "How was your day?," she took a bite of her burger. "Long. Had some meetings in the morning, met up with ModSun for lunch, and then I've been in the studio since then." "Can't wait to hear it soon," she crumpled her trash and took a sip of her drink. He already knew it was a vanilla shake. Her favorite. "Who brought you home?" She smiled, " Luke. We dropped off Lily and then he took me for Whataburger and brought me home!" "You look so fucking beautiful." He meant it too. She had kicked off her heels, her hair was pulled up, she ate her meal drunk on the floor and he still thought she was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen. "I don't know about all of that," she laughed, "but we needed tonight. Lily and I have been working our asses off. The meeting with the record label went soooo good. They loved the album." "That's fucking awesome. Did they get a release date?" "We get it next week. Then Lily and Melody will discuss the tour and all that. Luckily, I don't deal with those details. Just gotta worry about Gabe." He noticed she was rubbing her eyes a lot. "Babe you're exhausted. Go take your make up off and get ready for bed." She yawned, "okay. Call me when you wake up," she kissed the camera. She was fucking perfect.