Chapter 1: Change

Warning: This is the sequel to Forever and Always: A Luke Bryan Fanfic. If you haven't read that then go read it or prepare to be deathly confused. (Also the wedding already happened and Luke and Taylor have been married for four months)

It seemed my life was going perfectly. I had the perfect boyfriend, amazing friends, and a loving family. Then the chaos happened. Skylar came back, Chrissy got pregnant, Derek died, Maddie and Carter broke up, we moved to Nashville, and now I'm pregnant, and I couldn't tell the most important people in the world to me.

Ever since Luke and I moved into our house, we haven't had a second alone. With Chrissy, Nathan and Maddie living in guest bedrooms of Luke and I's new house, Luke having to go to Carters new apartment to work, it seemed like we never would.

But that brings us to today. Nathan was at daycare, Chrissy was at work, and Maddie was off at some bar, so I found myself on the couch flipping through the channels and thinking about the future. I was so zoned out I almost ignored the buzzing of my phone. I glanced at the screen and saw Luke's name and it made me smile. I opened the message which read:

Come out front

What was he up to now. I stretched off the couch and shuffled to the front door. I opened and didn't see him so I walked into the front yard when I received another text.

Up.

I looked up towards the roof and saw a smirking Luke standing there.

"Thomas Luther what in gods name are you doing on the roof." I stood looking up with my hands on my hips.

"Baby just come up here I need to show you something." He pleaded. I rolled my eyes and walked to the side of the house where the ladder was. I climbed up and when I reached the top Luke pulled me up.

"Now tell me what your doing up here."

"Well I was fixing a leak, and I got a phone call and thought this was a good place to tell you." He walked me over to the roof that covered the back of the house where he had a champagne bottle, a picnic blanket, and a radio. We sat down on the blanket and he popped open the bottle.

"Here's to us, and my new record deal." He smiled then took a swig of the bottle.

"Are you serious, Luke don't mess with me." I grabbed his shoulder praying it was true.

"I've been working so much to put together the cd and Carter and I gave it to the guy and I just got the phone call we got it." I couldn't express my excitement. I jumped on top of him and kissed all over his face, ending with his lips and kissing them passionately. I pulled away and looked into his eyes.

"Luke that is the best news I think I've ever heard baby. Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Well I wanted to surprise you, plus if I didn't get it I didn't want anyone to know."

"Luke I am so proud of you. We have to call Mama LeClaire!" I explained pulling out my phone before Luke grabbed it from my hands.

"Baby it's just us right now I want to relax. I'm so stressed from all that extra work and I don't think I can put up with her."

"Your right." I snatched the bottle and took a sip smiling at him. I sat on his lap and we listened to country music as the sun set.

"Luke honey I have to tell you something." I rubbed my neck and he looked into my eyes with concern.

"What is it baby?" He grabbed my hand and pressed his lips against.

"Well I'm not certain yet so don't freak out."

"Your pregnant." He whispered. I looked down at my feet and back into his eyes. He had a blank expression on his face like he didn't know what to say.

"Luke?" I held his shoulder while he just stared off.

"We're gonna have a baby." he spoke in an emotionless voice still staring off.

"Luke I'm sorry."

"Are you kidding me? I'm going to be a dad."

"Your not mad?"

"How could I be mad? We've got a little baby in there." He poked my stomach, "I think we're ready. We've been married for what, 3 months,"

"Luke I'm so glad your happy." I smiled and hugged him.

"Do you want to go get a professional test tomorrow?" he asked me and I nodded. I sat back on his lap and kissed him slowly.

"What the hell are y'all doin on the roof?" I looked down and saw Maddie and Chrissy holding Nathan. He'd gotten so big in these 6 months it's amazing. I laughed and climbed down. I took Nathan from Chrissy and bounced him on my hip and he let out cute baby giggles. Luke came from behind me and I handed him Nathan. The way he held him, I knew he'd be a great dad.

"Can you believe we live with three chicks dude?" He spoke to Nathan. We all laughed and went inside. Since the sun had already set we played Blended in the living room. I sat on the love seat with Maddie, Chrissy sat on the recliner, and Luke was spread out on the couch with Nathan asleep on his chest.

When the movie ended, Maddie and Luke were passed out. Chrissy and I laughed at their motionless bodies. She took Nathan and hugged me good night before heading upstairs. They were both snorers, but I was used to it after 14 years of sleepovers with Maddie and being with Luke for four years. I cuddled next to Luke on the small couch and threw a blanket over us. All I could think about was how the pregnancy would go tomorrow. As hard as it was, I shook the thought from my mind, and closed my eyes, slowly drifting to sleep.