Chapter 2: Flashbacks

Lukes POV

When I woke up I saw Taylor asleep next to me. I smiled at how she could be absolutely beautiful all the time, even when she's fast asleep. I can't believe I might be having a baby with the girl of my dreams. I kissed her forehead and stroked her hair. Her eyes fluttered open and her perfect lips formed a smile on her face. She rubbed her eyes and stretched her arms out.

"Hey honey." She whispered .

"You wanna get goin darlin." I whispered back.

"10 more minutes?" She groaned nuzzling her head into my neck. I patted her back and she hesitantly stood up. We got ready and were about to leave when we saw Maddie on the couch.

"Where are y'all goin?" She asked suspiciously looking up from her magazine.

"We're just going out for breakfast." Taylor responded.

"Ooh can I come I'm starving and Chris and Nathan are still asleep." She replied jumping up.

"Just us Maddie." Taylor said frustrated.

"Stupid married couples." She crossed her arms and sat back down on the couch.

I grasped her hands and led us out the door into the truck. She squeezed my hand harder every mile we got closer to the doctors office. When we finally got there she let go of my hand.

"Luke, were ready."

"Ready for a baby?"

"Yes think about it. We take care of Nathan all of the time, we love each other like crazy, and hell Luke we live in a five bedroom house and Maddie and Chris otta be moved out in 9 months."

"Baby I'm so glad you said that. I love you and I love any kids were going to have, by the way, how many kids can we have? I want 3 or 4 or 5 boys and,"

"Luke let's focus on this baby." We hopped out of the car and I grabbed her hand again. "Besides we are not having more then 2 kids!"

"That's not really your decision is it." I smirked and she gave me a look.

We walked into the lobby where there were chairs along the wall filled with people. We found two seats and I squeezed her hand and smiled at her. I signed us in and we waited for at least half an hour before a nurse poked her head through the door and called for Luke and Taylor Bryan.

We walked back into the room and a female doctor came through the door. She got some of Taylors information and ran a test.

"The results should be back in about 10 minutes." Taylor smiled at her but as soon as the doctor left the room she got an angry look on her face.

"10 minutes?! It would take me half the time to do it myself." I laughed at her.

"Hormones much babe?" She rolled her eyes. We sat in a peaceful silent for the next 10 minutes and the doctor walked back in.

"Well the results are back." As soon as she uttered those words memories started flowing back.
----------------------------------------------

*Flashback 8 years ago*

*3 years earlier (high school freshman year)*

When I realized I liked her.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her up off the wooden bench. We ran down to the lake and layed down on the wet grass.

"Lor, there's something I've wanted to tell ya since the third grade when y'all moved here."

"Luke we're best friends you can tell me anything."

"Right...best friends."

"Forever and ever. Anyways what'd you wanna tell me?"

"Forget about it. I'll race ya to the barn."

"In your dreams cowboy."

She took off sprinting.

I mumbled under my breath,

"Yeah, just friends."
----------------------------------------------

*Flashback 5 years ago*

When I asked her to be my girlfriend

I smiled at her after our first date and picked her up and carrying her back to her house and laying her on the couch.

"I'm gonna go check on momma." I said kissing her forehead.

"Tell her I'll be over tommorow."

I walked to the door and before leaving said,

"One more thing, Taylor will you be my girlfriend?"

"It would be my honor." We laughed as I shut the door behind me, thanking God and walking home.
----------------------------------------------

*Flashback 3 years ago*

Our 3 year anniversary when I proposed to her

She held onto my hand as we watched the stars. After 10 minutes I propped up on his elbow and stared at her. She smiled back up at me. God she's so beautiful, this is the time.

"What?" She asked quietly.

"You are the most beautiful girl in the world and I am so blessed to have you." I said playing with her hair.

"Oh Luke your the sweetest guy." She whispered.

"Taylor since today three years ago I knew you were the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. I wanted your face to be the first thing I see every morning and the last thing every night. I fell in love with you 3 years ago and I never knew how much you would mean to me now. I can't imagine ever living life without you. I want to share every moment of my life with you. I promise to always take care of you and always keep you happy and give you my full support for anything no matter what. I love you so much darlin so," He got down on one knee and pulled a ring box out of his pocket.

"Taylor Chrysler Brady, will you do me the greatest honor of being my wife?"
----------------------------------------------

"Luke honey?" I heard Taylor say. I must've dosed off.

"Anyways I have some news for you." The doctor spoke gently.

I held onto Taylors hand and she squeezed mine.

"Taylor is not pregnant."