eight

I slut dropped three times in a row, even though it practically killed my knees. It was 11:58 pm, and my shift ended at midnight, so I needed to make the best of the two minutes I had left. Multiple bills flew my way.

I wrapped my legs around the pole, working it top to bottom. The next time I looked at the clock it was midnight, indicating it was time for me to stop dancing. I finished the night with an even sluttier drop, which warranted more bills. I collected the money and promptly walked off stage.

I wasn't in a rush, as I didn't really have anywhere to go. Normani and I hadn't been on the best of terms for the last two weeks, Lauren had been avoiding me for some reason, and Zayn was still on vacation with Niall. Liam Louis, and Dinah were still around, and I had spent a lot of time with them lately. Though, none of them were working tonight.

I changed my clothes in an area that could only be described as a locker room, and headed out. I didn't bother checking my reflection in the mirror, as I already knew I looked exhausted. The past two weeks had taken a toll on me. Normani had been distant, which was fine considering I didn't really feel like talking to her anyway. Lauren had also been distant, which was beginning to mess with me. Every time I tried to talk to her, conveniently, she had somewhere to go.

I began working towards the door, but stopped when someone called my name from the bar. It was Harry, the bartender that had caused quite a controversy about sexuality in Westward Grove a while back. I considered acting like I didn't hear him, but decided to go talk to him instead. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but I didn't really know him. He worked weird shifts, and was rarely around when my friends were.

"Want me to make you a drink?" He asked once I sat down. I nodded, not bothering to tell him what I wanted considering all the bartenders knew what I ordered. He quickly whipped up an apple martini and slid it my way. "Can I ask you something?"

I took a sip of the drink before answering. "Go ahead."

He played with his hair for a moment, as if he was nervous. "Do you think Liam likes me?"

I suppressed a laugh, not wanting to hurt his feelings. "No, I don't."

Harry looked down, clearly not happy with the answer. I could've been imagining things, but he seemed a little confused, too. "Why not?"

"Liam and Louis are married," I informed him.

"Married?" Harry asked, both of his eyebrows raised. "Literally married?"

I felt bad for him. Harry is the closest thing I had to Lauren now. They both have green eyes. "They've been married since 2010." I reached across the bar to pat his arm. "Sorry."

Harry shook his head. "Don't be sorry. I'm an idiot." He held up his index finger. "Hold on, I have to make this guy's drink." With that, he darted away to tend to actual customers.

After a while, it was clear Harry was too busy with the influx of post midnight strip club goers to chat anymore, which was fine with me. I decided to go home, as hanging out at work alone wasn't something I enjoyed. The club was packed and I had to practically claw my way to the doors. Saturdays were always intense, but this was a whole other level.

Eventually, I made it to the parking lot. I lit a cigarette almost immediately and walked over to my bike. Even though I still wasn't in a rush, I rode quickly. Getting stabbed to death in the middle of downtown Miami wasn't my idea of a good time. Once I made it to my building, I locked my bike to a tree and headed upstairs.

I usually hoped that Normani would be asleep or not around when I got home, but tonight, I wanted her to be present. Even though we haven't been getting along, I wanted to hang out. I missed the old times, when we would go out to clubs together. Our age difference never mattered, as I never had a problem getting in without an ID.