nine

Zayn left me a voicemail demanding that I come to his house as soon as I woke up. I'd only been to the house he and Niall share once before, but I remembered where it was. The ride from Lauren's beachside oasis to the Malik-Horan residence was incredibly long, and by the time I reached the outside of the one story home that they lived in, I was drenched in sweat.

I knocked on the door and waited a few moments. It was obvious that at least someone was home, as both of their cars were in the driveway. After knocking two more times, I decided to just go in.

That proved to be a big mistake.

The first thing I saw upon opening the door was Zayn thrusting into Niall. I thought I was sweaty, but it was nothing compared to how wet they both were. Zayn continued to ride Niall, obviously too caught up in the moment to notice my presence. I turned around to exit the house, but tripped over my own feet, falling to the floor with a loud thud.

"Fucking shit, Camila!" Niall yelled.

"Don't mind me!" I shouted back as I scrambled up from the floor. "Continue your business! Don't get blue balls because of my rude interruption!" With that, I turned around and managed to get the door shut.

I made my way to the backyard, where a pool and set of lawn chairs resided. I took a seat on one of them and shut my eyes. The last couple of weeks had been a roller coaster, but walking in on my friends going at it on their couch took the cake. Nothing more awkward than that could possibly happen today.

After a few minutes of silence, someone emerged from house. I assumed it was Zayn, and my suspicions were proved right when he sat down next to me.

Zayn pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and offered me one, which I gratefully took. I had run out of smokes on my way to Lauren's last night, and didn't think to get any while I was in such a rush.

Zayn opened his mouth to say something, but I interrupted him. "Don't even bring it up. It's not a big deal." I exhaled my smoke in Zayn's direction. "That was kind of hot, honestly." He playfully punched me in the arm, warranting a giggle from me. "Why did you call me over here in such a panic, though?"

Zayn's face grew more serious. Whatever it was must have been serious. Niall emerged from the house, smiling widely at me. I shot him a wink. "Did you tell her yet?" He asked. Zayn shook his head. "Liam and Louis are getting a divorce. We're getting married, though! Funny how that happened, isn't it?"

"Can you be more sensitive about that, please?" Zayn asked seriously. "This is a rough time for our friends."

I didn't know where to start. "I have so many questions." I stated, not actually asking any of them. Zayn and Niall looked at me with their eyebrows raised. "That's a lot to take in."

Zayn punched Niall lightly in the torso. "I told you not to tell her about Liam and Louis until later. She has enough to worry about." Zayn groaned.

Niall's eyes lit up. "That's right! How are you and Lauren?" He cocked an eyebrow.

I shot Zayn a glare. "We're fine. I slept over at her house last night."

"What?" They exclaimed in unison.

I shook my head. "There are more important things to talk about. Like, your engagement?"

"Fuck that," Niall replied. "Zayn proposed in Times Square, it was really nice. What happened between you and Lauren?"

I sighed. "Liam and Louis's divorce?"

"Liam is leaving Louis because he met someone else. I think he's being rash, but, what do I know." Niall informed me.