Chapter III

A lot has changed in last 2 years. The opera singer has shifted to New York. The Sakura tree in the backyard of Aizawa family is no more. Their son died in a car accident. And now they have gone back to Japan. The cat lady of 21B is no more.

Feels like only yesterday it was raining & the cat lady was trying to walk with an umbrella in her hand. Her favorite cat Nola was following her. The kid Nishikori Aizawa was suffering from Anorexia. He was a shy type of kid. He wouldn't talk much. Used to take a book in his hand & sit under the Sakura tree. I used to tease him a lot back in the day. Now what I wouldn't give to just have another go at that day!

All the while I was thinking about the past, I didn't realise as to when I reached the cafe. I am supposed to meet Anjie here today. It's been a long time since I met her. I think the last time we had a talk was 2 years ago. Right after that dreadful day. What an idiot I was !

Would you like to place your order now, ma'am? A sudden voice brought me into the real world. It was the waiter. Red hair, slender frame, probably still a teen. With another smile she started talking again. Are you waiting for somebody? I replied with a smile. Yes a friend of mine. I am supposed to meet her here. Can I bring you something while you are waiting?

I will have an Espresso. She gave me another smile & went to bring my order.

Time flies huh. There was a slight drizzle outside. Weather here can be unpredictable sometimes. Just like people. You never know what will happen after a while. When they start misjudging you or when they start calling you a freak.

"I see you haven't forgotten the way to this place" That sweet but more mature voice of Annie brought me to reality. Looking at her I can definitely say that she has changed a lot. The girl who likes to show off a lot is wearing a proper dress with a minimum amount of cleavage. Her skirt isn't as small as it used to be. She looks a lot more mature.

"It's good to see you again Anjie" I said while giving her a hug. I missed it a lot. "You look beautiful" Mature but beautiful, I thought to myself.

"So do you. Gosh I missed you. It's been so long"

Yeah, it's been too long. I haven't
Seen you since........Since that night.