Chapter V

Back to present :

Anjie and I were trying to catch up. She has been working as a freelancer. Did some modeling gigs as well. Overall doing pretty good. She is dating some guy named Grey. Seems like a guy with a lot of shades. Overall doing pretty good.

She also told me about my family. My parents didn't want to keep any contact with me after that day. I don't blame them. I would have done the same if I were in their place. To be honest it didn't feel that bad. The thing that broke me apart was Emily's face. The ever so sensitive & introvert girl looked broken that day. She didn't show any reaction except there were tears. The tears were flowing but there were no sound. She was looking blankly at the corner of the room. All because of me.

My thoughts were broken by the waitress. She brought us our order and asked if we needed anything else. I said no and thanked her. I looked at Anjie and saw her looking at me with curious eyes. I asked her what she was looking at.

She just smiled and said nothing. We went back to catching up.

Anjie were telling me about my old friends and cousins.

After some time she started a topic that I didn't want to discuss right now. After telling me about her sisters wedding she looked at me and said, "you have asked about everyone except... Her. You don't want to know how she is?"

I knew that this topic was going to come. And I had to face it.

Remembering her brings back those old memories. How is she? was all I could ask before the memories started flashing my eyes once again.